Sign in to follow this  
Bobbeh

How to make items not pickup-able?

9 posts in this topic

In trader, I'd like to place some backpacks and vest at the equipment trader for aestethics. Does anyone know how to make them not able to be picked up?

9 minutes ago, Bobbeh said:

In trader, I'd like to place some backpacks and vest at the equipment trader for aestethics. Does anyone know how to make them not able to be picked up?

And how to make certain storage crates inaccesible?

Edited by Bobbeh

Advertisement
7 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello Bobbeh,

I could be wrong, I think all you have to do is to disable the simulation of that item within the editor.

:)

Nope, that doesn't work :(

11 minutes ago, Bobbeh said:

Nope, that doesn't work :(

Okay, so it works for vests and everything else, but I can still pick them up, and backpacks still fall to the ground and can be picked up

If you're using 3den with the plugin, you have to convert them to simple objects.  Well, you have to that regardless.  The plugin makes it easy.  This link to the plugin 3den Plugin explains it pretty good.  If you're looking for even more detail, here's a link to Bohemia's createSimpleObject page:  createSimpleObject.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bob_the_K said:

If you're using 3den with the plugin, you have to convert them to simple objects.  Well, you have to that regardless.  The plugin makes it easy.  This link to the plugin 3den Plugin explains it pretty good.  If you're looking for even more detail, here's a link to Bohemia's createSimpleObject page:  createSimpleObject.

Thanks man! Now I just need to figure out how to make that can that appears invisible.

The can is just a placeholder that the simple object gets attached to. You don't need to make it invisible, it won't end up in the game once you've exported everything to the mission file.

The same exile3den link Bob_the_K posted above will tell you all you need to know. It will also help you place lockers and spawn points which you have asked about in other threads too. Have a good read of it, twice, and then get cracking. Good luck :)

Edited by McGough

9 minutes ago, McGough said:

The can is just a placeholder that the simple object gets attached to. You don't need to make it invisible, it won't end up in the game once you've exported everything to the mission file.

The same exile3den link Bob_the_K posted above will tell you all you need to know. It will also help you place lockers and spawn points which you have asked about in other threads too. Have a good read of it, twice, and then get cracking. Good luck :)

Thanks mate! 

Advertisement