InsanityOvrload

Containers and Vehicles not updating

10 posts in this topic

I seem to be having the issue where containers and vehicles don't update to the MySQL database after their initial creation. Bases, characters, currency, and everything else updates and works fine; it's only these two things.

For instance if I clear a DMS mission and load the unclaimed vehicle with loot, drive it back to base, and put a lock on it it is then immediately saved to the database in it's current state; position, inventory, and all. I then make a container and it is also saved to the database. I now unload the vehicle into the container and drive the vehicle away, get out, place a wall on my base, and log off. After the server restarts the vehicle is back where I put the lock on with its inventory back as if I didn't take anything out, the container is empty, the base wall is there, and my character is where I logged off.

I have no idea what is causing this. My extDB logs have no errors, and my RPT has no relevant errors to my knowledge that I can find. If anybody can help me I'd greatly appreciate it and if you need anything more than what I've provided here please ask. I really need this fixed.

Last Server Restart RPT https://pastebin.com/1KFvTKBn

Last extDB Log (They all look like this)  https://pastebin.com/CgZf1Qrj

My exile.ini https://pastebin.com/BNaMNq0M

Edited by InsanityOvrload

Advertisement

How long does it take? I restart the server once every 24 hours. Most servers I see restart once every 3 to 4 hours. Is there something I'm missing that makes it do that?

Thank you for your help by the way.

Edited by InsanityOvrload

I had this once (a long time ago) after doing an update to DMS where another mod (Occupation in my case) wasn't 100% compatible and it was preventing part of the database update system running after about 15 minutes of play time.

Just a question, did this suddenly stop working at some point or has it never worked? If it suddenly stopped working then what was the last change or mod update you'd done to the server?

With regards your question about database save times, it's around 2 - 5 minutes for database saves depending on the object as far as I know. There are some exclusions to that as always but yeah, 2-5 minutes is my experience.

• Like 1

I'm not sure because I never had a vehicle in my server. The only mods I had installed at the time were DMS, Occupation, and Advanced Towing. I guess I could remove them one at a time and see which one, if any, is causing the issue. 

The issue does seem to be fixed though as of late. All I did was configure my server restart time to 4 hours in the config as well as do all the kick before reset, warn before reset, and lock a few minutes before reset, as well as schedule a restart via my host once every 4 hours.

I'll do some more experimenting and see if it is really fixed, and if not try your suggestion. Thank you for the help and the answers!

• Like 1

Configuring the server to be in a consistent restart cycle in the config did seem to fix the issue as it's completely nonexistent now with no other changes. Not sure why that was the case, but leaving this here in case someone in the future is having a similar issue.

Im actually getting this now, but im finding the issue occurs more when i update occupation files. I am on a 3 hour restart cycle. I think it may have something to do with dms persistent vehicles Im at a bit of loss. I have occupation set to how I want it now so Ill just leave it and see how it pans out. 

On 9/21/2017 at 9:56 AM, Gattaca said:

sounds like this: (AI Occupation was the cause for this)

Had this same issue removed Exile Occupation and everythings is lovely again. Thanks for posting this had my mind warped for hours. Oh how amazing Google is :) 

Advertisement