Sign in to follow this  
Ethan Bradberry

list for hackers

5 posts in this topic

how about a special list where only server owners of decent community not a "2/10 people on the server playing right now" community because if we ban someone from our community for hacking (hack that doesn't get detected by infistar and battleye) they could easily go to other servers and screw their day up aswell and if the person get caught they could paste the battlemetrics link or steamlink or whatever in there so if someone is being attacked by a hacker they could come to this site, check the list and if that person is on the server and they see he's hacking it'll make it alot easier for all of us.

Hello Ethan,

What happens when an admin lies about someone being a hacker/cheater or makes a mistake?  Logs can be forged.  And it WILL happen.  What then? 

What process is in place for such?  Is someone banned for 1 week?  1 month?  Forever?  What criteria is in place to determine how long someone should be banned?  Who determines this?  What sort of appeal process is there?  Who is going to maintain said list?  How is it to be modified?  By who?  Who is going to pay for this?

Too many questions with no answers.  Why do you think the legal system is so complicated?  There is a reason for this and my questions posed give you an insight as to why it is complicated.

There is no 'fast answer' to what you seek.  Even in the 'real world' the law cannot address this.  I commit a crime in City A, then I move to City B and commit the same crimes there.  There is nothing stopping me from doing that.

And what is wrong with server with "2/10 people on the server playing right now"?  Are they somehow magically immune from hackers?  Does this make the admins less than human?  Or does it make what happens them insignificant?  Does it make them automatically liars?  What you are saying is 'I wish to enforce the law only on rich people - screw the poor'.  And I have a large issue with your attitude concerning this as well.  Small servers are JUST AS IMPORTANT as larger ones.  As matter of fact, if I were to hack, I would TEST ON A SMALL SERVER before going to a large one.  Most criminals do them same too.  It is the 'smart' thing to do.

Best thing is for the server owner to ban from their server and their server ONLY AND LEAVE IT AT THAT!  Because someone runs a server does NOT make them 'perfect', thus, their word is 'questionable' just as the word of the person who allegedly committed said act.

:)

• Like 5

Advertisement

yeah too many things can go wrong with this, especially when you have inexperienced admins that do not know how to check logs but instead just ban new players when a hack/script kiddie gets on.

as for good ones rightly said mistakes can happen.

Advertisement