red_ned

[RELEASE] Georgetown Invasion v2.1 Static Mission (Tanoa)

11 posts in this topic

This was released as a BETA (looks complete now so turned from beta to release) and therefore may contain bugs/errors/typos but I decided to finally put it out there for people to play with and hopefully either help me test and fix it (if it is still broken).

The version 1.0 and noheli versions were originally tested and worked - thanks to help from @jmayr2000 but the heli version did not spawn a heli although the rest worked.

Download from: https://github.com/redned70/DMSStaticMissions

Mapping files and all versions and help files included in the github download.

For Tanoa only.
 Running on DMS System

Thanks to @aussie battler for heli reinforcement fix
georgetown_v1.0 is hardcore only with no AI vehicles.
georgetown_noheli is multi difficulties with chance of persistent vehicle and ground AI patrols.
georgetown is multi difficulties with chance of persistent vehicle with ground AI patrols and AI heli.

Features
1. Road blocks spawn on mission start and get cleared up after.
2. Mission available in 4 difficulties.
3. Full control of reinforcement settings. v2.1 code.
4. Randomised loot.
5. Separate ground AI to building top sniper AI.
6. AI vehicle patrol will reinforce to different locations in the town.
7. Ground AI reinforce but snipers don't.
8. % chance of permanent heli prize.
9. Added random amounts of poptabs to crates for prize.
10. Heli reinforcements with gunship

All install instructions : https://github.com/redned70/DMSStaticMissions/blob/master/Tanoa Static/Georgetown_Invasion_DMS_Static/Install.txt

Just change the name of the version you want to use to georgetown.sqf and follow the instructions.

More details of how it works will be included as I get through it all as it is the most complex mission I ever wrote for static DMS missions.

Please let me know any bugs/issues as this is released under the terms that I am not responsible if your server bugs out and you should backup all files before testing it out.

If you do know how to fix my heli code (if it is still broken) then please post so I can update files.

cheers

20160802205342_1.jpg

20160802205355_1.jpg

20160802205433_1.jpg

20160802205706_1.jpg

20160802205943_1.jpg

centre_point.jpg

Edited by red_ned
  • Like 2

Advertisement
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, towatai said:

Thanks for the mission! is it possible to prevent AI from spawning inside buildings?

they shouldn't spawn inside buildings, if you can tell me if its a sniper or normal trooper maybe I can spot if something has gone wrong but it never happened in testing.

cheers

Getting the following errors

Spoiler

9:03:32 Warning Message: Script \x\addons\a3_dms\objects\static\georgetown_buildings.sqf not found
 9:03:32 "DMS ERROR :: Calling DMS_fnc_ImportFromM3E_Static with invalid file/filepath: georgetown_buildings | _export: <null>"

Capture.JPG

Got the same problem with AI spawning in buildings.

Its always the same sniper.

Sometimes hes buggs out but sometimes not.

See at the screenshot. Pos: 057 105

And it seems that some sniper fall down from buildings and run around wounded afterwards

Georgetown AI.jpg

we installed the mission and played it through yesterday but frustratingly we couldn't complete - it got down to 1 unit remaining and the one or missing unit(s) couldn't be found, presumably bugged in buildings.  Problematic.

7 hours ago, Pigeon Gone said:

we installed the mission and played it through yesterday but frustratingly we couldn't complete - it got down to 1 unit remaining and the one or missing unit(s) couldn't be found, presumably bugged in buildings.  Problematic.

the trouble is that the DMS-safe-position command doesn't know if some building types have no inside but there may be some way to work out how to free these trapped AI but it is going to need some DMS scripting updates.

If someone with INFIstar could run the mission a few times and see if its one specific AI or a random 1 that could be removed it would be good.

Unless people test this, as I said originally, I don't run this map and did it as a favour and they tested at the time and it all seemed to work fine

Trying to run this and your other static tanoa missions I'm running into a strange sort of issue that will not allow for players to connect and ultimately not allow for these missions to start.

RPT:

16:34:50 "ExileServer - Server unlocked and accepting players. Have fun! :)"
16:34:50 "33rd/BIS_fnc_log: [postInit] ExileServer_fnc_postInit (5417 ms)"
16:34:50 "DMS ERROR :: You have made an error in your DMS config.sqf! Please look for any script errors. Cancelling DMS Launch."
16:34:50 "DMS ERROR :: You have made an error in your DMS config.sqf! Please look for any script errors. Cancelling DMS Launch."

This only occurs if I try to use these missions

config.sqf

DMS_StaticMissionTypes =			[								
											["comms_alpha",1]
											//["hotel_invasion",1]
											//["georgetown",1]

];

DMS_SpecialMissions =				[								// List of special missions with restrictions. Each element must be defined as [mission<STRING>, minPlayers<SCALAR>, maxPlayers<SCALAR>, timesPerRestart<SCALAR>, _timeBetween<SCALAR>].
											//["specops",15,60,2,900]	//<-- Example for a mission named "specops.sqf" that must be placed in the "special" folder. It will only spawn when there are at least 15 players, less than 60 players, it will only spawn up to twice per restart, and at least 900 seconds must pass before another instance of the mission can spawn.
										];

DMS_BasesToImportOnServerStart = 	[								
											"comms_alpha",
											//"hotel_invasion_buildings"
										];

DMS_BanditMissionsOnServerStart =	[

If I comment those missions out server starts with no problems.

17 hours ago, Tachikom said:

Trying to run this and your other static tanoa missions I'm running into a strange sort of issue that will not allow for players to connect and ultimately not allow for these missions to start.

This only occurs if I try to use these missions

config.sqf

["comms_alpha",1]
											//["hotel_invasion",1]
											//["georgetown",1]

];

DMS_SpecialMissions =				[								// List of special missions with restrictions. Each element must be defined as [mission<STRING>, minPlayers<SCALAR>, maxPlayers<SCALAR>, timesPerRestart<SCALAR>, _timeBetween<SCALAR>].
											//["specops",15,60,2,900]	//<-- Example for a mission named "specops.sqf" that must be placed in the "special" folder. It will only spawn when there are at least 15 players, less than 60 players, it will only spawn up to twice per restart, and at least 900 seconds must pass before another instance of the mission can spawn.
										];

DMS_BasesToImportOnServerStart = 	[								
											"comms_alpha",
											//"hotel_invasion_buildings"
										];

DMS_BanditMissionsOnServerStart =	[

If I comment those missions out server starts with no problems.

be careful with commas in your config, last line should never have a comma in the string.

["comms_alpha",1],
											["hotel_invasion",1],
											["georgetown",1]

];

the missions aren't your issue, your config is and its probably the commas

Advertisement