Vergy

[SOLVED] Watch Out Guys

33 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance but I could not find an off topic section so if a mod could either move this to one that would be great or if this is inappropriate then delete it but I feel like I need to warn other from making the same mistake.

I have a friend who has been trying to set up a server but he has no clue how and neither do I so he started to try and look for someone to do it for him. Well he found "contractcoders.net". He has paid them to install InfaSTAR which they said that they have started(A week ago) Since then every time he tries to contact them there is always excuses such as "Our coder is sleeping", "submit a ticket", "I can assist you with Arma 2 problems and not Arma 3", and so on. Its been almost a week and half and he has yet to get a professional answer.

Again I apologize if this is considered inappropriate but I don't want others too fall for this.

EDIT" Myself and him have been following tutorials from these forums but we are not getting anywhere with it. Oh well.

Edited by Vergy

Unfortunately you have fallen foul of Gr8 and his script stealing ways. He's a scumbag and not to be trusted.

Do a chargeback for your money and never use them (or any other services like that) again. The link above is all you need to get a server setup.

• Like 6

Advertisement
38 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Unfortunately you have fallen foul of Gr8 and his script stealing ways. He's a scumbag and not to be trusted.

Do a chargeback for your money and never use them (or any other services like that) again. The link above is all you need to get a server setup.

35 minutes ago, Mezo said:

Sounds Gr8. In future, pay once the job is complete :P or only half upfront.

The best thing is my buddy only sent $10 so its not a huge loss. I told him to just completely end it before he sinks more money into it.

EDIT: He actually wrecked our server to the point where we had to completely delete the whole thing and re-download all the files.. was this on purpose? I have no idea but he also banned myself and my friend from their Discord..

Edited by Vergy

Sadly, there's nothing we can do to help... I mean, we already banned the owner from the forums on multiple accounts and the mod itself.

All you have to do is search "Contract Coders" on the forums and you'll find everything you need to know about the scam that is "Gr8"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mezo said:

Sadly, there's nothing we can do to help... I mean, we already banned the owner from the forums on multiple accounts and the mod itself.

All you have to do is search "Contract Coders" on the forums and you'll find everything you need to know about the scam that is "Gr8"

NO worries I am not looking for a way to help when it comes to him I just came here to let others know but clearly I am not the first xP, Thanks guys! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vergy said:

NO worries I am not looking for a way to help when it comes to him I just came here to let others know but clearly I am not the first xP, Thanks guys! 

Nope, sadly not.. and you won't be the last... :(

• Like 1

I started running game servers in 2004 and I have to admit that Exile was the first game/mod that I've ever seen where people pay other people to set/up configure their servers, not counting paying a GSP for a server. Medal of Honor, COD series, BF series, Steam games like TF2, DOD Source, etc and assorted other games... never saw that until I came across Exile. 

• Like 1

Yeah @Vergy I'd be happy to install infiSTAR with no costs or fees for your friend if you wish. Fuck Gr8. It takes about 3 minutes of my time, I'd be happy to help you :)

Just PM Me if you still need that.

Advertisement