FallenActual94

Need Help. adding death markers to map

Question

Hey guys thanks to everyone here in the exile mod fourms my servers coming along smoothly and I just wanted to thank everyone for the help but I have one more question to ask where the heck to do turn on death markers I.E. when you die you can see your body on the map marked with the red skull? I have infistar installed so idk if its blocking it or its just a setting somewhere i dont know to turn on.

16 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, FallenActual94 said:

Hey guys thanks to everyone here in the exile mod fourms my servers coming along smoothly and I just wanted to thank everyone for the help but I have one more question to ask where the heck to do turn on death markers I.E. when you die you can see your body on the map marked with the red skull? I have infistar installed so idk if its blocking it or its just a setting somewhere i dont know to turn on.

by default they should be enabled, there could be an issue with infiSTAR deleting it, so i would recommend disabling that map marker check to see if it turns up, or you can try adding "Death" to the end of the array 

aLocalM[] = {"MissionMarker","Death"};

That (might) work just make sure that: UMW - is enabled, have a play with the map marker settings, i'm sure you will figure it out :) if not just ask.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, FallenActual94 said:

I followed your instructions it didn't affect anything in game but also didnt add the death markers

Yeah, death markers should be on by default. I personally haven't had an issue with running infiSTAR and not getting markers, but I would remove infiSTAR from my Server addons so it doesn't run and see if you get your markers. If you do, then you know it's just one of the options that deals with markers and maps. 

EDIT: What's you difficulty set at in your server config?

Edited by Beowulfv

in the configuration file where i set what mission I am using there is only regular and hardcore and its been set on regular since day 1 however idk if this is what you are referring to or not as nothing I see says exile regular or anything so below should be an images of what im seeing

server settings.jpg

I'm Running All the CUP, TRYK, advanced roping and towing, NI arms, ZCP, DMS, and Roaming AI and the only things I can think of that would have any affect on the map would be ZCP, DMS, or Roaming AI but I've looked through all the files and haven't been able to find any options that I think would affect the death icons

On 2/18/2017 at 3:07 PM, FallenActual94 said:

I'm Running All the CUP, TRYK, advanced roping and towing, NI arms, ZCP, DMS, and Roaming AI and the only things I can think of that would have any affect on the map would be ZCP, DMS, or Roaming AI but I've looked through all the files and haven't been able to find any options that I think would affect the death icons

Hello all, ping for the same issue with missing death marker. I just started to do the dev, and the server owner added Infistar v0072 on 2/16/2017.

So I cannot confirm if death markers were working before.

Tried this advice on the the thread, and added "Death" to the aLocalM[] array. It only had "MissionMarker" in there.

Adding this did not help though. I will try disabling Infistar and testing without it when the server is quiet.

I cannot find anything in the rpt file that helps me debug this. Any pointers to where I can look for possible error messages?

13 hours ago, Stahpills said:

Hello all, ping for the same issue with missing death marker. I just started to do the dev, and the server owner added Infistar v0072 on 2/16/2017.

So I cannot confirm if death markers were working before.

Tried this advice on the the thread, and added "Death" to the aLocalM[] array. It only had "MissionMarker" in there.

Adding this did not help though. I will try disabling Infistar and testing without it when the server is quiet.

I cannot find anything in the rpt file that helps me debug this. Any pointers to where I can look for possible error messages?

Hey guys, I found a fix for my missing death marker issue.

There are a number of Arma 1.66 fixes that are called in our Exile Server. config.cpp calls them.

Specifically the one in question for death marker is: ExileClient_object_player_event_onPlayerKilled.sqf

Inside it there is this block of code:

if !(ExileClientLastDeathMarker isEqualTo "") then 
{
	deleteMarkerLocal ExileClientLastDeathMarker;
};
ExileClientLastDeathMarker = createMarkerLocal [format ["Death%1", time], getPos player];
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerShapeLocal "ICON";
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerTypeLocal "KIA";
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed";
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerAlphaLocal 1; // Show Death Marker

Note the last line which I changed to: ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerAlphaLocal 1; // Show Death Marker

It was originally set to: ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; // Hide Death Marker

I don't know why it was set to 0, maybe it was supposed to be done elsewhere? Anyway - setting it to 1 fixed it for me.

Hope it helps you FallenActual94.

Advertisement