Alexis

Exile update

37 posts in this topic

If the development of exile stopped completely, there may chance that you publish a new version of what it is, it can be installed on the server for server administrators, perhaps some corrections. I think it would be very good!

Advertisement
10 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

According to a Tweet by the Exile dev team, Exile will "hand it over to the community" but who knows what that really means?

Click on that and then scroll down a little bit.

That means that we have been thinking about this and discussed it with some volunteers.

So far we did not come up with a solution.

I personally would really like to let people that have been very active in this forum take over and let them maintain Exile if they like to. I think there is no need for new features. But we all know that Arma tends to break things four times a year. And it is updated every three months. In other words: Every update likely breaks things. And since we have kind of shifted our focus to other areas of life, we can not ensure maintenance is done properly.

I have asked a couple of times to join our Teamspeak to discuss what is next. I remember one time, after about two hours of waiting, I have changed my Teamspeak avatar to a "forever alone" meme. I guess that is it.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Eichi said:

That means that we have been thinking about this and discussed it with some volunteers.

So far we do did not come up with a solution.

I personally would really like to let people that have been very active in this forum take over and let them maintain Exile if they like to. I think there is no need for new features. But we all know that Arma tends to break things four times a year. And it is updated every three months. In other words: Every update likely breaks things. And since we have kind of shifted our focus to other areas of life, we can not ensure maintenance is done properly.

I have asked a couple of times to join our Teamspeak to discuss what is next. I remember one time, after about two hours of waiting, I have changed my Teamspeak avatar to a "forever alone" meme. I guess that is it.

I personaly would join you Eichi but i am just not the perfect man for something like this and i am also not a perfekt programmer.

But if there is anything or any way i could help just let me know even if it is just a conversation in teamspeak.

(Auch gerne auf Deutsch). 

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, yojllik said:

lol inb4 floss says "ive talked to eichi personally and we would never hand over the community" kek

You realize that I sit in a skype group with Eichi vish and grim for the past 2 years now right? We make serious jokes about what goes on the forums all day :)

1 hour ago, Eichi said:

So far we did not come up with a solution.

I would love to help you, but I'm not good at programming purely amateur level. but I'd really like to see what will happen with the mod in the future. Some servers do their own, additional add-ons may have your very developments would help (I, for one, really want to animal and 3D model XM8 in the game). It's very upsetting that happened with the mod ....

Advertisement