GolovaRaoul

How to get most out of CPU

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

So my server FPS sinks from around 10 to 4 due restart. My goal is to keep it at least at 7. So here's the thing. When the server is loaded ( around 60 players ), it has a server FPS of around 10, which sinks down to 4 near restart. I doubt this is normal. The thing is, the dedicated machine still has available CPU resources, but it simply does not use them. It sits around 70-85% all the time, which is really annoying because the server really needs to use those extra resources :P . 

I saw in this thread that this guy has managed to get his CPU almost maxed out:

So I'm wondering if this is also possible on my machine. My CPU is Xeon E3 1245v2. And I tried the best I could to optimise the server, I mean the 'default' stuff. Low Ai/Missions, Limit Building, use as much SimpleObjects as possible, trying not to run to many scripts, etc. My Windows Energy thingy is allready set to High Performance.

These are my server startup parameters:

Spoiler

start "Arma3" /min /realtime /wait arma3server.exe -mod=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Core;@CUP_Maps;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@Exile;Kart,Mark,Heli; -servermod=@exileserver; -config=C:\Arma\Chernarus\@ExileServer\config.cfg -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\Arma\Chernarus\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit -maxMem=3072 -malloc=jemalloc_bi -loadMissionToMemory -enableHT

And these server addons are running. Picture included.

I'm aware that -noLogs could help with performance, but I chose not to use it to catch errors.
Also, could AntiTheft be eating resources? Since this script needs to run pretty much all the time on some client?

Thanks for responding ^^
GolovaRaoul

addons.PNG

On 2-12-2016 at 6:56 PM, Metalman10 said:

4 frames is fine tbh, at 75 im getting like 15 frames. As long as you dont see people complaining or server crashes or what not then i wouldnt worry about it to much, but i dont think the anti theft would impact it all to much but i would be the one to ask, ask the script creator

Really? 15 server FPS with 75 players? May I ask what server you are currently renting?

Advertisement