randulf

First person view server

34 posts in this topic

Hi! We have been looking for a first person server for quite some time, and we have run out of places to search. Are there anyone else here that still plays Arma-esque games, and find the 3rd person servers lacking? Please give me some hints as to how I can find an exile server (or equivalent), or what you guys search for to find one. The server browser on this site does not help at all, and every search in A3Launcher or Gametracker yields few results. Are there anyone out there that still wants something else than snipers hiding in their bases in 3rd person? Or are we just the odd ones that find it lacking? If enough people are into it, perhaps I could think of hosting one. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, randulf said:

Hi! We have been looking for a first person server for quite some time

Exile Hardcore servers are 1st person by design.

Because many players cry when admins take away their 3rd person view, I run a script that enforces 1st person when holding a weapon or when travelling as a passenger in a vehicle.  If players holster their weapon, they can use 3rd person.  It's not a perfect solution but it stops cheap, 3rd person fire-fights and makes it less attractive for the the CoD crowd to cheat-peek around corners.

• Like 1

Advertisement

Hi, and thanks for the reply. That script sounds interesting, and perhaps it helps to patch 3rd person a bit. You said:

8 hours ago, speedweasel said:

Did you mean 3rd person? Because I can not seem to find any Hardcore servers that run first person. And the server browsing part of this forum is not very helpfull - it lists everything else (more or less interesting stuff), but actual view preference. Perhaps if it is not to difficult - it could be added to the sort list ?

I think a main reason for why people do not seem to play on first person, is that when a server pops up  - it is to hard to actually find it. You cant sort for it in the launchers, nor on the forums - and if you search, people can call it anything from 1pp, 3PP:OFF, First person, 1st person, Hardcore, Veteran etc- So when people search they can easilly miss it. I ask you forum moderators, could the server browser here be changed as to sort all these naming conventions into one list where people can find servers with first person forced? :)

Thanks anyways.

Edited by randulf

10 hours ago, speedweasel said:

Because many players cry when admins take away their 3rd person view, I run a script that enforces 1st person when holding a weapon or when travelling as a passenger in a vehicle.  If players holster their weapon, they can use 3rd person.  It's not a perfect solution but it stops cheap, 3rd person fire-fights and makes it less attractive for the the CoD crowd to cheat-peek around corners.

COD is first person only, so less attractive? explain

1 hour ago, StokesMagee said:

COD is first person only, so less attractive? explain

Im not interested in arguing wether you should like 3rd or 1st person. I just want more first person servers, and I want them to be more easilly found by the people who want to play on them :)

Edited by randulf
  • Like 1

I'm going to be honest with you on this. A lot of people say they like 1st person but no one ever plays it because its literally dead. 0/100 servers 24/7. It will be very difficult for you to find a populated server with 1st person only

13 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

I'm going to be honest with you on this. A lot of people say they like 1st person but no one ever plays it because its literally dead. 0/100 servers 24/7. It will be very difficult for you to find a populated server with 1st person only

In other mods, and missions we play solely on first person servers - so they are out there. I can respect that fewer players want first person for some reason. My point however, is that since I have problems with finding the perfect searchphrase to find servers at a given time, I figure other people also have this problem.

Perhaps if we could sort servers by viewpreferance ingame, or list all the first person servers on the serverbrowser in the forum by a sort function - us oddballs that find no joy in 3rd person could find eachother and let you guys be:P

Edited by randulf

10 minutes ago, Mezo said:

Find a 3rd person server, don't enter 3rd person view. Jobs done.

Yes, for my own enjoyment that would be fine - but I find the gameplay on 3rd-person servers to be quite different from the first person preference.

4 hours ago, Mezo said:

Find a 3rd person server, don't enter 3rd person view. Jobs done.

4 hours ago, randulf said:

Yes, for my own enjoyment that would be fine - but I find the gameplay on 3rd-person servers to be quite different from the first person preference.

It's not just different, you're at a disadvantage.

• Like 2

Advertisement