BetterDeadThanZed

server crashes? infiSTAR?

16 posts in this topic

So, today I had two crashes of my server in a row. Both crashes were the kind that create dump files, which means the exe stopped responding or just crashed. When my GSP asked if I had added any new mods, I stated that the only thing I did was update Infistar (to the 3/10/2016 version) and they immediately blamed Infistar:

"Yeah i know the type of crash. Likely due to infistar in all honesty."

So, is it possible that Infistar can crash my server like that? The server RPT files don't shed any real light on the subject.

i really dont believe that v61 would of crash your server as i have mine on a 6 hr time and it dont crash.

if you have change a setting in infistar maybe this may cause you too crash otherwise a mod thing maybe, but like you said you did change something on infistar maybe revert back to how you had it before the crash

Advertisement
8 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

@BetterDeadThanZed RPT, can't really give you and support on the subject without any information. ( other than infiSTAR crashed my server) also i highly HIGHLY doubt infiSTAR crashed your server.

I doubt it too. I think it's just Quality Game Servers giving an answer when they don't know. The RPT files don't really say anything. Everything's chugging along and suddenly the server crashes.

1 minute ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I doubt it too. I think it's just Quality Game Servers giving an answer when they don't know. The RPT files don't really say anything. Everything's chugging along and suddenly the server crashes.

Easiest way to test would be pulling InfiSTAR for a few days (or rolling back to a previous update) and seeing if the crashes persist.

2 hours ago, kuplion said:

Easiest way to test would be pulling InfiSTAR for a few days (or rolling back to a previous update) and seeing if the crashes persist.

If it was consistently crashing, I'd do it but as far as I know, it's only happened twice. I'm just curious what @infiSTAR has to say on this topic.

Advertisement