ImThatGuyM8

Smartphone ad blocker notice (what?)

25 posts in this topic

Hello, let me start of by saying I do not have a ad blocker on my phone but I still get the notice saying please remove it, I removed it on my rig so I could support exilemod but it takes up a third of my screen on my phone, how to fix? This probably isn't  the right place for this but I don't know where to put this, and it's really starting to become a annoyance. Does iOS have it by default?

IMG_4203.PNG

Edited by ImThatGuyM8

Hello,

While I use an Android, I will give you some 'basic' advice.  It is most likely how your browser is returning data to the server/receiving data from the server (how the browser was wrote when created).

What I suggest is to get another browser such as FireFox or Chrome.  I suspect strongly, the issue will 'disappear' when using one of those.

Do note, that these other browsers may also take up a chunk of your screen displaying the ads.  To my knowledge, you will not be able to change that.

If by some chance, it still appears, then you have installed some sort of blocker and/or it is active and has not been turned off as you think that it has.

Good luck!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement
5 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello,

While I use an Android, I will give you some 'basic' advice.  It is most likely how your browser is returning data to the server/receiving data from the server (how the browser was wrote when created).

What I suggest is to get another browser such as FireFox or Chrome.  I suspect strongly, the issue will 'disappear' when using one of those.

Do note, that these other browsers may also take up a chunk of your screen displaying the ads.  To my knowledge, you will not be able to change that.

If by some chance, it still appears, then you have installed some sort of blocker and/or it is active and has not been turned off as you think that it has.

Good luck!

:)

Thanks for the quick reply, I will investigate on my end. I'm currently using safari as its just so much easier on iOS but the ad notice will put a end to that xD

Edited by ImThatGuyM8
Added stuff

Turns out iOS had a built-in one and it's on by default.. 

/note to self: use your brain!

Edit, it just removed half of it.

Now I got the ad and the ad notice ? xD

IMG_4204.PNG

Second edit ; now the ads are gone and the notice takes 1/3 of screen and I have not enabled the ad blocker again. I'm just gonna blame iOS for this xD

IMG_4205.PNG

Edited by ImThatGuyM8

I get this too. I do have ads blocked on my mobile as they so so so intrusive (blocked globally via hosts file) but it's killing the ability to use the website when I'm not at my desk. On my big rig I have the site whitelisted and see ads just fine, and don't mind because they're not horrible popups and redirects like on mobile..

Any solution to this on Mobile without exposing my entire device to ads again (hosts file protection against ads in all apps).

12 hours ago, kuplion said:

Yup.

Found a solution? 

Half my screen is now cluttered, half is a ad and the other half as the ad blocker notice, really starting to annoy me.. 

The logic eludes me!

Just now, ImThatGuyM8 said:

Found a solution? 

Half my screen is now cluttered, half is a ad and the other half as the ad blocker notice, really starting to annoy me.. 

The logic eludes me!

Nope. :/ Thankfully I've got a huge screen (6 Plus) but it's still annoying as fuck.

Advertisement