Matrix0110

Help needed with GTX Server Urgently

Question

Server all setup running but been having problems from day one GTX Gaming just will not Help and tonight is just the final straw for me

3/ 4 months hard work down the drain ... If Any of you would Please come to my rescue because these guys just will not even try to put stuff right that's not

even my fault .... None of my MODS are listed on Arma Launcher no Expansions Showing in Launcher No MOD Required even though I'm running 2
No DLC listed and difficulty set to recruit with no AI level , flight , 3 Rd person or weapons crosshair not showing .... This after I realised A guy had joined the server without HVP Mod ...

No ### wonder iv been having player connection problems from day one ... And its like talking to a brick wall when you explain the sh#t to them .

I'm off to bed try calm down .... Hoping that someone please will help me before I pull all my hard work off server and shut it for good JJW ... Night peeps

• Like 2

22 answers to this question

On 21/09/2016 at 9:51 PM, Matrix0110 said:

Server all setup running but been having problems from day one GTX Gaming just will not Help and tonight is just the final straw for me

3/ 4 months hard work down the drain ... If Any of you would Please come to my rescue because these guys just will not even try to put stuff right that's not

even my fault .... None of my MODS are listed on Arma Launcher no Expansions Showing in Launcher No MOD Required even though I'm running 2
No DLC listed and difficulty set to recruit with no AI level , flight , 3 Rd person or weapons crosshair not showing .... This after I realised A guy had joined the server without HVP Mod ...

No ### wonder iv been having player connection problems from day one ... And its like talking to a brick wall when you explain the sh#t to them .

I'm off to bed try calm down .... Hoping that someone please will help me before I pull all my hard work off server and shut it for good JJW ... Night peeps

Hey Matrix,

This topic brought my attention, may i ask who attended you and why they "will not help" ? I assume you updated all your mods and custom modifications to new Exile 1.0.2 right ?

All "public" mods should go on -mod= field, the ones you want to show on A3 Launcher or Arma 3 server browser, all the ones you want to hide, like @infistar for example you add them to -servermod=

People joining your server without addons, you need to add them on addOns[]= { under Missions class inside mission.sqm

Drop us a ticket, requesting to assign over to me ill have a look and see if any issue at a server level is causing the problem or if it's anything or your mods order.

On 22/09/2016 at 11:43 AM, ImThatGuyM8 said:

I had an ongoing issue with BE on my GTX server, i explained them the problem 4-5 times over several support tickets but they just would not admit a fault in their new "G2 Mod".  Stubborn to say the least..

However,  are you using launch parameters on the host panel and the mission.sqm ?

Hey :)

G2 it's our brand new product that we have on "trial" before releasing it to public and we are only giving it to certain clients, i assume you have been given G2 because the new 1 click addons or because you have been asked if you want to trial out the new product, either the reasons, it's a trial product that it's not available for public yet but we are starting to give it to some clients so they take advantage of the 1 click addons, all the tools and features in exchange of their feedback so we can iron all the bugs before going to public.

Although G2 it's 95% ready and free of bugs, due to it's complexity and the dozens of tools, 1 click addons, etc, you could find any or other bug, that we missed on our tests, that's why your feedback is so important for G2, not sure if you have a ticket open regarding that BE issue, but if not, are you kind enough to open one and explain me the BE issue in case it's something we need to fix on G2 ?

23 hours ago, wilderness said:

I have to say their customer service has been A1 for me so far, though it can sometimes be a bit tricky to get your point over to them.

As for mods showing up in the launcher they should be in the -mod= line, anything in the -servermod= line will not show up in the launcher, bare in mind there is a bit of a delay in them showing in the launcher once you have updated.

Also put the items in your mission.sqf under the addons section then they won't be able to join without the mod being loaded

Hey wilderness,

Nice job on XM8 notifications :)

Edited by Rui Pedro
  • Like 1

Advertisement

I had an ongoing issue with BE on my GTX server, i explained them the problem 4-5 times over several support tickets but they just would not admit a fault in their new "G2 Mod".  Stubborn to say the least..

However,  are you using launch parameters on the host panel and the mission.sqm ?

Edited by ImThatGuyM8

Been with GTXgaming for the last 4 months and I have to say I was hesitant at first but 4 months down the line and they've been awesome, never had a ticket take longer than 5 mins to be answered. Really helpful with any issue. 

My experience seems polar opposite to yours op, which technicians have you been dealing with?  

I have to say their customer service has been A1 for me so far, though it can sometimes be a bit tricky to get your point over to them.

As for mods showing up in the launcher they should be in the -mod= line, anything in the -servermod= line will not show up in the launcher, bare in mind there is a bit of a delay in them showing in the launcher once you have updated.

Also put the items in your mission.sqf under the addons section then they won't be able to join without the mod being loaded

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rui Pedro said:

Hey :)

G2 it's our brand new product that we have on "trial" before releasing it to public and we are only giving it to certain clients, i assume you have been given G2 because the new 1 click addons or because you have been asked if you want to trial out the new product, either the reasons, it's a trial product that it's not available for public yet but we are starting to give it to some clients so they take advantage of the 1 click addons, all the tools and features in exchange of their feedback so we can iron all the bugs before going to public.

Although G2 it's 95% ready and free of bugs, due to it's complexity and the dozens of tools, 1 click addons, etc, you could find any or other bug, that we missed on our tests, that's why your feedback is so important for G2, not sure if you have a ticket open regarding that BE issue, but if not, are you kind enough to open one and explain me the BE issue in case it's something we need to fix on G2 ?

Dont get me wrong, when you guys realize a problem you will bend over backwards to fix it for a client, hands down.  You customer service is good but in my case(Could be just my case) it took 4-5 ticket before the problem was realized on your end(G2 Mod), but within a few hours the problem was corrected and you (if im not way off now) set up my game server as it was before the fresh install. Now that in my book is great customer service.  9/10 but you are still stubborn ^^

Edited by ImThatGuyM8
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ImThatGuyM8 said:

Dont get me wrong, when you guys realize a problem you will bend over backwards to fix it for a client, hands down.  You customer service is good but in my case(Could be just my case) it took 4-5 ticket before the problem was realized on your end(G2 Mod), but within a few hours the problem was corrected and you (if im not way off now) set up my game server as it was before the fresh install. Now that in my book is great customer service.  9/10 but you are still stubborn ^^

Perfectly understand you! Depends a lot of who attends you, some of our staff is more specialized on certain games than others and sometimes all depends on how the situation it's explained to so staff could easily understand it right away, you know we deal with thousands of different issues on dozens of different games everyday, we could have failed to understand your request at first reply, deeply sorry if was the case,  but well in the end the important is that all got fixed and working, even if it took a bit more of your patience to explain us and help us understand your problem! :P 

If you need anything drop me a poke here or a ticket at GTX!

• Like 1

Hi guys just wanted to update you on current events regarding my Server ...... I belive now my PC & Server was compromised some how and are looking into it ...

Been intouch with GTX Gaming they and can now understand my frustration's and have been only to Helpful to get me back up and running again after having  nothing but trouble over the past couple of weeks. But until today when we realised this might have well been a malicious attack because of certain things that I can know longer do on my PC also files had been accessed today and changed which I have not done...???

Regarding the Mods info not showing In Arma 3 laucher quite well aware of how to set the launch parameters for Mod & Serverside addons thats why I kind of lost it a bit / But was a good indication that something was not right ....Here

Me personaly I spend a lot and I mean a lot of time testing and trying to get things to run 100% and push to try stand out in a very crowded market place of Servers so  only the best will do kind of attitude is what I have and with a lot of Help and Advice from SDOT and people like yourselfs on the Exile Forum is a must !! and lets keep it that way..

Frustration for any Server Owner /Admin or Dev is when you start getting things right but then all change and you are back to Square one again updating and testting again over  and over . But I did nearly throw the Towel in and give up months of hard work but thanks to the Guys at GTX  Gaming the update done fresh install I'm up and running again and back at it .... see you online soon .... Server currently locked for updates & Testing. . JJW

Edited by Matrix0110

The above is how we've had dealing with GTX from day 1, be it Rui, Robert or Steven all go above and beyond. Yes they all have their own ways of doing things ( some will hold your hand whilst others - totally not looking at you here Rui :P will guide you in the right direction but in a way that we the client learns something along the way. Which IMO is the best way if at times not the quickest.

Glad you got some resolve here JJW and it totally wasn't me that brought this to anyone's attention :P

Paul.

Edited by GGWOLF

They have been brilliant with me despite quite a few of the errors being my own stupidity (i.e having the old exile client loaded instead of the updated version). They were very patient with me and now I am all sorted. I have the G2 and the one click addons are a god send as I hate trying to ensure I have loads of different files in the right folders etc. Hoping GTX gaming add a lot more mods..like A3 Vempf, ExAd , BRAma, AVS, Advanced Towing etc

• Like 1

Advertisement