ImThatGuyM8

Players Connect/Disconnect and the logs say nothing.

Question

Hello, i need some help if anyone could lend a hand,  the problem is I see players trying to connect but they never reach the server before they are disconnected, where did i go wrong?  They are not kicked off the server, they are just disconnected, to me it looks like they are timing out but i could be mistaken.  Ive already contacted my host and ive looked through everything ive done, but i haven't found the problem, the only noticeable error in my RTP is this;  "Error: Object(4 : 140) not found" and "Client: Object 4:182 (type Type_437) not found." (DB Issue?)

Any insight on this? Am i just missing the obvious here?

Edited by ImThatGuyM8

10 answers to this question

@Matrix0110 Unfortunately, your server hosting service is correct. This issue you described is not their fault. If a player attempts to join an exile server and their game crashes to desktop (CTD) with a "memory not able to read" error, this is 1000% an issue with Arma3 and the latest Apex updates.

The same thing happened to me. I was enjoying a few exile servers and then suddenly after the Apex update I kept getting this very same issue with a CTD and a warning message about a memory issue when I tried to join them again. Hell, it even happened on servers I hadn't played on before. There were even times when I could join a server just fine, then if I logged off and attempted to join that same server again I would get this error the next time I joined even if 10 minutes later.  

I googled the error message and found that this same thing has happened several times in the past since 2012 and has been tied to major game updates in preparation for a DLC release by BI. Something gets corrupted in the existing player profile and the suggested workaround is the exact same thing your server provider offered up as a resolution; create a new player profile. As you can attest, once your friend did this he was able to join the server without problems.

As for the OP's questions; there are a *ton* of possible reasons why you might see some player joining and then within a minute or so they disconnect with no BattleEye or Admin kick message. It could be that they launched Arma3 and located the server in the multiplayer server list and attempted to join it without knowing how to do so or even if they needed to download and install anything extra first; such as Exile for example. Think of all the little Battle Field 4 kiddies who are used to finding servers to join from BF4's multiplayer listings and never have to concern themselves with any additional mod files that need to be installed and then they get Arma3 and think they can do the same thing from the multiplayer lists there too.

Other causes could be, a player who has Steam set in offline mode and never lets Arma3 do any updates, so their version of Arma3 is actually out of date and not compatible.

Or the player who has downloaded the correct mods and manually installed them correctly to to proper folders, but do not realize they need to set the launch parameters in Arma3 (ex. -mod=@Exile; @Ryanzombies; etc.) so it loads the mods.

There are possibly many more reasons for this. The big lesson to take away from this is; you, the server owner did not do anything wrong and shouldn't worry too much if you see players joining and then disconnecting again right away. The best thing to do if you want to see some player population on your server would be to advertise about your server here in the Servers area which is found at the top of the home page here. If you have some worthwhile customizations to your server making it fun to play on and is not just a vanilla Exile server, then word of mouth will bring others.

• Like 1

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, Bob_the_K said:

I've seen the same thing - but yet some people have no problem connecting whatsoever.  I have not found a reason yet.

I dont get it, it is costing me many players :|  If it was a kick, or a BE thing, i would get it, this, not so much.

The reason they are disconnecting is because they are missing the proper Mods. If they were using the A3 Launcher, said Mods would be Downloaded, Installed and Applied upon connection however because they are attempting to connect to your server via the Arma 3 Server List, they are kicked without having any chance to download the required Mods.

1 hour ago, Nevo said:

The reason they are disconnecting is because they are missing the proper Mods. If they were using the A3 Launcher, said Mods would be Downloaded, Installed and Applied upon connection however because they are attempting to connect to your server via the Arma 3 Server List, they are kicked without having any chance to download the required Mods.

Yes, but.. that is only applicable if they join via the in-game browser, if they join via Arma Launcher it should do like A3l, right?

1 minute ago, ImThatGuyM8 said:

Yes, but.. that is only applicable if they join via the in-game browser, if they join via Arma Launcher it should do like A3l, right?

The Arma 3 Launcher isn't able to see the Server List so the only way it is able to work similar to the A3 Launcher is if someone sends them an invite via STEAM however the A3 Launcher is far superior and always works without issue, including times when you already have other Mods installed and setup, all you have to do is use the A3 Launcher and it takes care of the rest.

It does - at least pretty similar in that it provides a list of installed mods and missing mods.   I think there's more going on here than we've figured out.   I have too many not being able to connect for all of the failed attempts to be using the in-game browser.   More observations.... it seems that if someone is able to connect, they never fail to connect after that (all else being equal).  I've had some make repeated attempts to connect - sometimes one attempt after another, sometimes on different days.  If they were missing mods, I'd suspect those "different day" connection attempts would have obtained the proper mods before attempting again.

10 minutes ago, Bob_the_K said:

It does - at least pretty similar in that it provides a list of installed mods and missing mods.   I think there's more going on here than we've figured out.   I have too many not being able to connect for all of the failed attempts to be using the in-game browser.   More observations.... it seems that if someone is able to connect, they never fail to connect after that (all else being equal).  I've had some make repeated attempts to connect - sometimes one attempt after another, sometimes on different days.  If they were missing mods, I'd suspect those "different day" connection attempts would have obtained the proper mods before attempting again.

Yes, this has been my assumption but i was never sure, makes sense really.  So, basically its a client side problem, which in turn tells me that too many people are doing it wrong.

Edited by ImThatGuyM8

Hi guys just wanted add my two scenes in here after having same problem now for 3 months straight ..... I keep getting into this argument with my Server Provider nearly every over day  after doing fresh install reconfig and formating Data base with the loss of the 4 regular players I had . .. But watching hundreds of players everyday log / disconnect modified data Arma Cfg kIck Bollocks Arhhhhh !!! .

So today I asked a friend to connect to my server to see if he had any problems connnecting ... logged  connected ...disconnect  

He said he got Memory error exceptions crash to Desktop !!!! Told Server Provider  .... So want to tell who there are but for legal reasons best not.

Resspones (Provider)

Memory error our A3 expert has actually found a new possible fix for that. Could you ask them to create a new player profile and select it, Then try to join the server again please

Kind Regards,

Me 

While i'm glad you guys might have found a solution to this I hope .... We have been paying for this server for 3 months now and not been able to use your this server to its full potential because of this on going issue even though I keep bringing it to you attention ... Hope you will bare this in mind on our next billing date ... I will ask one of my players now to join with new profile from Arma and let you know what happens JJW

Resspones (Provider)

Understandable but it's not our hosting. It's issues with the game since the last big A3 update :)

Kind Regards,

Me

Screen grabs from Player loggin in with new Profile ... He connected this time

he's currently online playing ......Here a question for you ?? How do I tell every new player trying to connect for first time to create a new profile before joining my Server.. I dont understand how you guys can say it's not your issue as the Provider when you have already proved there is a fault here .?

Resspones (Provider)

It is an issue with the game not our hosting. Do some research on the issue and you will see plenty of proof it's a game issue

Me

Thats intresting statement Ill pass this and you comments on to the creature of Exile Mod and Arma 3
And if its such a common problem how come its taken your A3 expert 3 months till now to sort this out ..... JJW

And So it goes on ...Great F£$%^ customer  Service and to rub salt into the wounds I just recieved this months bill of them .....

I feel your pain bro!!!! JJW

Edited by Matrix0110

Advertisement