1Man

Cloudsouth.com Provider NOT IMPRESSED

8 posts in this topic

I've used them for over a year, going back to A2 days.  They're responsive when I've needed hardware changes.   Their uptime has been 100% and we've never had an issue.  We rent bare iron and supplied and installed our own O/S.  So I don't need too much support though.   

Advertisement

So since my last post I have had 3 connectivity issues one was technician unplugged the wrong Ethernet port, 2nd was a loose connection on my Ethernet port and the 3rd have yet to tell me what the issue was. So far I do not recommend them to anyone, yes they have nice hardware at a decent price but its not worth the headaches when you loose your connection 3 times in a week.

KVM has never been known as a speed demon.   

I guess I'm lucky.  I've had no issues with them.  We had hosted with a few game hosting services before and they all had limitations (read sucked!).  Especially with what we could do or configure or not.  With CloudSouth, we manage our own in its entirety - which we prefer.

I really wish I could say the same but losing my connection multiple times in a week tends to leave a bad taste in your mouth! Like I said I loved the server/price but cant deal with the connectivity issues.

20 minutes ago, Metalman10 said:

which dedicated box did you get if you don't mind me asking

I went with package E but opted to Raid 0 with 2x240gb SSD as primary and 1TB for backups

• Like 1

On 9/21/2016 at 11:48 AM, Metalman10 said:

well i talked with cloud south and they said they were having issues with there service provider and they have gone around the issue. so all lagging and such should be fixed now, so if your server was down or really laggy then thats why

Well after only having it for 2 weeks and losing connection 3 times in a week you know its really hard to trust a provider!

• Like 1

Advertisement