caboosefromsteam

POLISH THE MOD GOD DAMNIT

63 posts in this topic

let me tell you a story.......spent 4 hours getting gear,sold some stuff got some money, bought an ATV ran into a bush lost half health......ran into a tree completely fine ??? Alright,met up with a friend wasted all our meds on healing from running and hitting random and stupid stuff loosing health. We were driving down on another newly bought ATV to a airdrop we ran into a bush..again...atv damaged we repaired it, while he was repairing it I start walking down to the airdrop he pulls up next to me to pick me up to the airdrop. (DISCLAIMER: The ATV was at a complete stop.) I touch the atv to get on and die....instantly. I have a defib on me he cant open my inventory since we are both in a party kicks me to open my inventory takes my defib and can't use it on me....-.-...I end up bleeding out. Then it gets better, the servers decides to restart in 1 min after I died,so In the end we wasted and lost gear, 4 hours of all my gear lost over me touching a completely stopped ATV........polish the damn game please so this doesn't happen. 

I feel you. Please tweet your concerns to @Arma3Official since we are not the vendors of the base game and have zero influence on the engine. You can also give them feedback on their forums: forums.bistudio.com

• Like 16

Advertisement

I understand that the OP's complete ignorance of the rules of capitalization and punctuation makes his small wall of text difficult and boring to read, but he's got some points IMHO. Can you really put everything on the Arma engine?

* The party system, where his mate cannot open his inventory until he kicks him out is part of Arma 3?

* The defib, that cannot be used as well?

* The need to restart the server every 4 hours or so?

* The mod having a ridiculous 15 (or 10?) mins corpse duration by default and not being able to store it while being restarted?

The combination of the last two brings back bad memories. I've been hopping around Exile servers all of this week-end trying to find the right combination of settings and features, and have lost a few corpses to these non-engine features. Which is felt hard by any newbie since we are out dressed in our best (and only) gear, with no idea whether all this can be gotten back within the hour or was a result of sheer luck. I won't mention the gear loss upon restart.

Don't get me wrong, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work that went into the mod and really appreciate the possibility to be entertained by this creation for free. But "we're innocent sweet kittens and it's all BIS' fault" usually means "we won't even acknowledge the issue" and doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

* The party system, where his mate cannot open his inventory until he kicks him out is part of Arma 3? - shouldn't happen as exiles party system is simply an arma group if you read the code. Unless there's some anti dupe going on that is new to me. 

* The defib, that cannot be used as well? - in default Arma this is exactly the same. 

* The need to restart the server every 4 hours or so? - Arma is extremely inneficient on a server.  Add to that base objects and you get 4 hr restarts. It's fairly normal in any Arma mod to have that. 

* The mod having a ridiculous 15 (or 10?) mins corpse duration by default and not being able to store it while being restarted? - totally customisable by server admin. It's set low once again to keep server objects to a minimum because once again Arma is inefficient. 

• Like 2

Hello!

Again and again and again...

34 minutes ago, neofit said:

* The party system, where his mate cannot open his inventory until he kicks him out is part of Arma 3?

* The defib, that cannot be used as well?

* The need to restart the server every 4 hours or so?

* The mod having a ridiculous 15 (or 10?) mins corpse duration by default and not being able to store it while being restarted?

Never have problems with mates inventory (Maybe thirdpaty mods related).

There are no defib in the Exile mod, so "thirdpaty mods related".

There are 6-hour cicle servers, so this up to server owner.

15 mins? This up to server owner.

16 minutes ago, exilerist said:

15 mins? This up to server owner.

I noticed that people are afraid to stray too far from what they think the original developers intended. If the default was 4 hours for instance, most servers would be configured around this value. If you are afraid this would leave too many corpses lying around, one could solve this problem by making one setting for "normal" corpses, and one smaller for the ones either in bambi clothes or without a main weapon.

Advertisement