LortFengerN

The Special Purpose Helmet is too strong

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys, as most of you might know by now, arma 3 Apex released a new helm called the special purpose helmet.

Usually in the multiplayer mods in arma 3, thermal has been disabled because it has been to strong, and gives a player a too big of an advantage over someone else that has not. The special purpose helmet has a working thermal built in to it so you have thermals available not just when scoping, but also when running around.

i honestly think that this helmet should be removed from the mod, as in my opinion, it degrades the fun from a mod like this when you have thermals available

14 minutes ago, LortFengerN said:

Hey guys, as most of you might know by now, arma 3 Apex released a new helm called the special purpose helmet.

Usually in the multiplayer mods in arma 3, thermal has been disabled because it has been to strong, and gives a player a too big of an advantage over someone else that has not. The special purpose helmet has a working thermal built in to it so you have thermals available not just when scoping, but also when running around.

i honestly think that this helmet should be removed from the mod, as in my opinion, it degrades the fun from a mod like this when you have thermals available

hence you should talk to whatever server admin controls the server you play on, because like you said, this is an apex item, not an exile item.

Advertisement

wrote here mainly to see what other think about it as i honestly dont think it should be available at all

i dont know anything about coding, but was hoping for a general change of the mod, quite optimisticly.

Edited by LortFengerN

29 minutes ago, LortFengerN said:

wrote here mainly to see what other think about it as i honestly dont think it should be available at all

i dont know anything about coding, but was hoping for a general change of the mod, quite optimisticly.

its down to server owners, they can just remove it from loot spawn and traders. Me personally have set it to spawn extremly rare, and you cant buy it. It is also worth a lot of pops so people would want to sell rather than lose it.

like @malbogia said its a server option to configure, if exile removed it "high loot" aka easy mode servers would more than likley re-add it 

The corresponding Uniform is Immune to Thermal , So that's your Countermeasure , Example at 1:20>

To the Guy with a Shotgun and Slugs , The Guy with an AK is OP , it's all how you look at it :D

Edited by Goblin

On 7/24/2016 at 4:22 AM, LortFengerN said:

I will agree it is a bit much.

On 7/24/2016 at 7:35 AM, Goblin said:

The corresponding Uniform is Immune to Thermal , So that's your Countermeasure , Example at 1:20>

To the Guy with a Shotgun and Slugs , The Guy with an AK is OP , it's all how you look at it :D

To be fair, the downside to the uniform is lack of capacity.  There is no downside to the helm.  It even has the highest armor value of all the helmets.

In the end, if the Exile team disabled all thermal on scopes and such in the mod, they should with this helm as well.  All or nothing, then let server owners decide what they prefer.

my main issue is that i find thermal combat really boring, but that is of course a personal preference, and may be the reason i hate the helmet this much, and the suit doesn't really on that.

4 hours ago, Kresdja said:

In the end, if the Exile team disabled all thermal on scopes and such in the mod, they should with this helm as well.  All or nothing, then let server owners decide what they prefer.

That's the thing , they haven't disabled  all Thermals , only the ones on items that they chose to include in the mod . Add  B_MRAP_01_hmg_F  and look at the Gunner view or this guy , optic_tws_mg which can be found on Ai by default in the Black missions , I think in DMS , which many servers have .  That Helm is part of Arma , not Exile , just like the 2 examples I just gave .

Edited by Goblin

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

That's the thing , they haven't disabled  all Thermals , only the ones on items that they chose to include in the mod . Add  B_MRAP_01_hmg_F  and look at the Gunner view or this guy , optic_tws_mg which can be found on Ai by default in the Black missions , I think in DMS , which many servers have .  That Helm is part of Arma , not Exile , just like the 2 examples I just gave .

Kind of defeats the purpose then..they should disable all the thermals or none.  Not pick and choose.  Let the server admins pick and choose as they wish.

On 7/24/2016 at 5:37 AM, LortFengerN said:

6 hours ago, LortFengerN said:

my main issue is that i find thermal combat really boring, but that is of course a personal preference, and may be the reason i hate the helmet this much, and the suit doesn't really on that.

The issue is that it's a APEX item.

Most people have never played Arma 3 FULLY or forget about what Arma is.

They just think about the mods lol

We use Thermal in real life, so in Arma it makes sense.. Every server is different and every player is different.

I my self agree, I hate thermal and it's cheap.. but I use it. Some server's love it! some player's use it as the only tool... and you can tell as without it.. they suck :P

But other's despise it and hate it.

That's what makes Exile so unique is that every server can customize it to the owner's preference. 

Advertisement