StonedReality

SR Price Balancing and Loot Table Assistant

10 posts in this topic

SR Price Balancing and Loot Table Assistant.

You are welcome to edit this spreadsheet as you see fit, but if you break it, you fix it.

Make sure you download and go through the read me file before using the Price Balancing spreadsheet.

This spreadsheet is designed to help take the sting out of price balancing and loot table compiling for server creators and admins, it has also been designed to allow you to add an infinite number of items to the existing lists as well as adding your own sub-categories.

As well as helping to balance and keep track of prices for items, the spreadsheet will output item text in the correct format for loot tables (ready for use with Loot Compiler) and the trader lists in config.cpp in your mission file.

This file is already populated with all the Exile 'vanilla' items and a lot, but not all, of @mas (weapons) and @Nato_Rus_Vehicle (Vehicles)

Thanks to Spartan on the Exile forums for posting his balancing sheet, he was the inspiration for this work.  This Price Balancing sheet contains Spartan’s formula for calculating the ‘Loot Chance %’.

To get your Google Docs copy use the links below, it will automatically ask you to make a copy which you are free to edit straight away.

SR Price Balancing and Loot Table Assistant

SR Price Balancing READ ME

If you have any questions or comments not covered by the read me please reply here, do not pm me, then everyone can get the benefit of the discussion.

Stoned Reality

p.s. Don't judge my server on these numbers, it's still a work in progress. :)

Edited by StonedReality
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

What do you save the downloaded file to for the loot tables? I just seen xml, pdf. New and been trying to get my server up for a week now. Very nicely done by the way.

Advertisement

Hi Algus

Glad you found it useful.  You can't directly download a file ready for the loot tables.  My sheet outputs the text in the correct format to be used with the loot compiler.  Use the loot compiler on this link http://exile.majormittens.co.uk/downloads/  

The column named 'Loot Table List'  is the one you should copy from and paste in 'LootItemsGroup.h' in the loot compiler, once compiled you will have the correct format to paste into your server config.cpp.

Edited by StonedReality

Nice work,

Here's the original thread for those who would like to see a different approach.

And the latest version I've built

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12dyB_9hHu6VHY9x0FK_lYIGSYtnrMy_lqeV5MPDUqNk/edit?usp=sharing

It is no longer maintain as I moved to Microsoft Access since I've found some bugs* that prevented further development in Google Spreadsheet.
*(And google are not willing to fix them)

In short, feel free to take whatever you want from it as long as you give back the credit to Spartan and me ;)

Thanks

PS: @StonedReality Nice work with the tool

• Like 1

If you look at the last edition of my version, You'll see that I wrote a sorting script.

That is the part that work and then stop working for no reason after a week...

That is also the part Google won't fix even though they received thousands of report since 2010...

Is there a way to ensure that the ammo for a particular gun that spawns spawns with that weapon?  Seems erroneous for a location to spawn an M4, and AK mags.  

Advertisement