red_ned

Are any 1.62 1.0.0.0 servers actually up?

Question

I just wondered if anyone has latest everything actually working?

Issues so far:

1. Massive logs of

Spoiler

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.Burst'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: '/' is not a value

21:35:41 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon Burst with scope=private

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.

2. Every time someone joins the server (BE all set to 1 so it can learn) it generates 200k of log files and using BE-AEG my script.txt has climbed past 115k which is huge.

3. Clients keep crashing on join etc

Its all really odd as for the most part things seem to work and the update wasn't as brutal as the 9.8 but nothing seems to work properly so I am asking - is anyone using the latest patches of A3 and Exile and getting it to work. My server is only Altis and main RHS/Mas/HLC mods so nothing special at all. Going through the server list the ones I seem to be finding with people on haven't updated yet so.. anyone actually got this working and have fixes?

Now is not the time to be sitting on fixes when the rest of the community is having a terrible time so please, if you have them, give out some fixes......

cheers

36 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, red_ned said:

I just wondered if anyone has latest everything actually working?

Issues so far:

1. Massive logs of

Hide contents

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.Burst'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon Burst with scope=private

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.

2. Every time someone joins the server (BE all set to 1 so it can learn) it generates 200k of log files and using BE-AEG my script.txt has climbed past 115k which is huge.

3. Clients keep crashing on join etc

Its all really odd as for the most part things seem to work and the update wasn't as brutal as the 9.8 but nothing seems to work properly so I am asking - is anyone using the latest patches of A3 and Exile and getting it to work. My server is only Altis and main RHS/Mas/HLC mods so nothing special at all. Going through the server list the ones I seem to be finding with people on haven't updated yet so.. anyone actually got this working and have fixes?

Now is not the time to be sitting on fixes when the rest of the community is having a terrible time so please, if you have them, give out some fixes......

cheers

Same problems for me too red ned, its been a nightmare some players are getting in others are just getting kicked but no reasons showing up.  I have it on Tanoa and Chernarus.  I added new CBA and that file broke the server so went back to the old version of CBA and ok now.  I dont know if im unlucky but these 2 updates, apex and exile have really broken my servers. Today I actually gave up and just let them just sit there broken :D   Im just hoping for fixes being posted.

• Like 1

@Razor77 I promise if I find any fixes I will post here clearly marking fixes as I find them, I would ask others to do the same as the bug/fix thread is huge and only lists bugs, no fixes in there yet and its getting huge

• Like 1

Advertisement

Thanks if i find any I will post on here.....it wont be ones I have made, it will be from the internet :)

I do have a fix for the new CBA mod if its needed, it was from the cba forums.  

My Esseker server is running currently with Exile 1.0.0, CBA (latest) CUP (Latest) and Esseker Arma 3 on 1.62. I have not seen any new problems on my end. I have some errors I had before but no uniqueto the latest updates.

The logs about missing properties shouldn't be anything to worry about, was happening with the apex preview. The weapons in exile are missing some properties added with apex. I was running my test server with the apex preview and noticed those. I've heard some people insist that those are a problem though, so who knows.

as for the rest, not sure..

i'll probably update my test to potato tonight and see if I have problems, shouldn't though since I had 9.8 working ok.

Edited by Kobayashi

I have no issues on my test server with vanilla Exile + DMS + infistar

I am using the stock infistar filters (v0054), albeit with disabled scripts.txt (because it's a test server).

My BE_AEG doesn't generate duplicate exceptions. About the only time it will generate duplicate exceptions is if you restart it without reloading the script filters.

I've only got one server, Chernarus ExileZ with Occupation & Advanced towing/sling load but had no real issues upgrading to 1.0.0. Kiwi was quite time consuming of course but the upgrade to Potato was a walk in the park relatively speaking - 2 hours including testing everything and reviewing logs for me.

My process was simply; rename the 0.9.8 folders, unpack 1.0.0 then opened each of the config files in 1.0.0 and adjusted as needed. Once that was done, I just popped everything (other than exile server and config) into "addons" from my 0.9.8 install, started the server and reviewed the logs for any typo's I'd made.

Sorry to hear others aren't having the same experience..... :(

The only thing I had to disable was the ambient flyovers as they are still buggy for me (occasionally circling around players until they run out of fuel).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eraser1 said:

I have no issues on my test server with vanilla Exile + DMS + infistar

I am using the stock infistar filters (v0054), albeit with disabled scripts.txt (because it's a test server).

My BE_AEG doesn't generate duplicate exceptions. About the only time it will generate duplicate exceptions is if you restart it without reloading the script filters.

I am running a exact same setup. vanilla Exile + DMS + Infistar, I haven't modified anything except 1 number change on my DMS configs for static missions. I'm unable to get Infistar up and running, it keeps saying in the rpt it needs a update. Other than that. My server works fine. Ppl are having trouble joining except for our admins(I think a lot of people haven't installed the new exile mod. Our hosting provider couldn't even log in, turned out to be a corrupted exile mod they were running client side. After a fresh install of exile they were able to join in)

• Like 1

That's actually a good point about the corrupted Exile client side - the client zip downloads from the mirrors were ALL broken for many hours yesterday. Would be worthwhile checking the CRC on the zip file you downloaded if you are having lots of odd issues, I tried 3 of the mirrors and ultimately ended up grabbing it from a 3rd party that kindly uploaded the file they'd gotten from A3 Launcher which was working.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Riker2335 said:

That's actually a good point about the corrupted Exile client side - the client zip downloads from the mirrors were ALL broken for many hours yesterday. Would be worthwhile checking the CRC on the zip file you downloaded if you are having lots of odd issues, I tried 3 of the mirrors and ultimately ended up grabbing it from a 3rd party that kindly uploaded the file they'd gotten from A3 Launcher which was working.

Yeah I updated through A3 Launcher, as did 3 of our other admins. All 4 of us have ZERO issues getting into updated servers.

Advertisement