DerpNL

Server dont pass "loading map"

Question

Hi since last update i got a issue with my server, it doesnt want to continue loading the map in the loading screen.

I manually added all new files that are needed for the 0.9.8 update (since i dont want to wipe unless really nececarry).

Copy of rpt: RPT 7/3/2016 2:30 PM (dutch local time)

Stuck with this issue for 2 days now, any one know what could be the issue?

i've tried following:

-steam dev update

-changing codes as the lockers max hold config to 1 mil (since nobody has that amount yet)

-redid the new way of traders  (paste bin of this file: Traders

Hope anyone knows the sollition cause i am out of options:(

Kind regards, Silly Guy

11 answers to this question

Advertisement
12 hours ago, DerpNL said:

Any1 one? or is it up to me alone...

I had that issue to.

But then i forgot to put in the new SQL file from 9.6 update to 9.8 and the server was stuck on black loading screen.

My solution was to load the new update sql 'upgrade 0.9.6 to 0.9.8.' Load that into your database and you wont loose your current one.
I did ofcourse a backup of my current one to be sure.

After that i was solved in 5 min.

Edited by HeadRox

10 hours ago, HeadRox said:

I had that issue to.

But then i forgot to put in the new SQL file from 9.6 update to 9.8 and the server was stuck on black loading screen.

My solution was to load the new update sql 'upgrade 0.9.6 to 0.9.8.' Load that into your database and you wont loose your current one.
I did ofcourse a backup of my current one to be sure.

After that i was solved in 5 min.

I got my server working but I'm still getting loading screen even got my friend create me a new database and still got same issue.

Tried database wipe and added  new sql in, still same result:(

reuploaded all sql's from the first one in the current file server owners have to download till last one, all not working:(.

Any exile dev might know the issue?

I done fresh server install and it worked I'm in process of trying to implement the working server into the none updated one but still same issue, I'm gonna try and see about adding in all stuff from old to new see if that works.

are we gonna get some sort of feedback on this complete joke my friend went through the SQL code and its complete crackers how bad its been done errors all through still managed to get server to work just not with Esseker.

think I know issue possibly with new update they got those cement mixers and obv the map does not have them setup so its a matter of that being input I'm guessing.

I had an issue last night getting my Tanoa dev server up and was at the same spot. I ended up having to validate all my files in steam before wiping and reinstalling all the arma 3 development branch files. That seemed to work and haven't had any issues since.

Also, make sure you check the server logs every time you DO and DONT have an issue while you are getting a server setup. That is usually where the key is - find some error message, paste it in google and find a conversation that has already happened :)

Edit: Just reviewed your RPT and saw an error that led me to 

Also There was this bit:

1. 13:12:07 Error in expression <sNil "PublicServerVersion") then
  3. {
  5. call ExileServer_system_serverBrowser_update;>

That makes me think that you missed something on the server installation.

Edited by ExecuteDisaster
Clarify post

Advertisement