VVarlord

Crashing at Loading Map screen

Question

I have placed my details in the crash thread I just wanted to see if anyone else has had these issues and found a work around...

KTSJqj6.png

FtSBPEG.png

This happens when I get to the loading map screen after joining a server. 

I have tried using a different malloc in parameters and redownloading both the mod and the game. This still happens each time. 

Thank you in advance for any help given.

11 answers to this question

Try verifying thru A3 Launcher then delete your C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3 folder, you will have to show hidden files to see this folder because AppData is a hidden folder.

Advertisement

i get this when it loads the missionfile... it crashes for example on 130kb of 530...

when i put the missionfile in manually it works without a crash...

im not sure if its arma who fucks things up again or if its caused by the mod...

There's no definite fix for this right now. I did a search and found this has been a problem with Arma 3 for a bit, although I never received so many crashes until Exile 0.9.8. I was able to join my test server without any issues until this morning. Now I crash constantly.

As others have said, there doesn't seem to be one solution that works for everyone. We have one guy that swears by tabbing out right after clicking ok on the error message we all get from the last ArmA update (just before mission file starts to load). That doesn't work for me, but one thing that seems to have worked for me (knock on wood) is...

I noticed that since the Steam Workshop downloads mods, it has been putting them in a different folder. Instead of placing them in the ArmA 3 folder (program files/steam/steamapps/common/arma3 if memory serves...) it places them in !Workshop folder within the ArmA 3 folder.

Why is this relevant you ask? Because I noticed that it sometimes places multiple copies of the same mod (with folders of the exact same name) in !Workshop folder... and if you also still have a copy of that mod that you downloaded in your ArmA 3 folder, it means you can have multiple version of the same mod. I found three versions of one of our mods in the !Workshop folder (don't understand how it was able to do it using the exact same names), and 1 that I placed into the ArmA 3 folder from before the workshop went live. I deleted out all the duplicates, and (knock on wood) haven't had that memory error since.

Could just be coincidence - but it took me 2 hrs to get into our server yesterday until I did that, been able to get in on the first try ever since.

Edited by :]v[: Assassin

10 minutes ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

As others have said, there doesn't seem to be one solution that works for everyone. We have one guy that swears by tabbing out right after clicking ok on the error message we all get from the last ArmA update (just before mission file starts to load). That doesn't work for me, but one thing that seems to have worked for me (knock on wood) is...

I noticed that since the Steam Workshop downloads mods, it has been putting them in a different folder. Instead of placing them in the ArmA 3 folder (program files/steam/steamapps/common/arma3 if memory serves...) it places them in !Workshop folder within the ArmA 3 folder.

Why is this relevant you ask? Because I noticed that it sometimes places multiple copies of the same mod (with folders of the exact same name) in !Workshop folder... and if you also still have a copy of that mod that you downloaded in your ArmA 3 folder, it means you can have multiple version of the same mod. I found three versions of one of our mods in the !Workshop folder (don't understand how it was able to do it using the exact same names), and 1 that I placed into the ArmA 3 folder from before the workshop went live. I deleted out all the duplicates, and (knock on wood) haven't had that memory error since.

Could just be coincidence - but it took me 2 hrs to get into our server yesterday until I did that, been able to get in on the first try ever since.

is this a issue with you or a server you are playing in or you own server

20 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

is this a issue with you or a server you are playing in or you own server

Everyone joining the server we run is having the memory error issue. I found multiple versions of the same mods in the !Workshop folder on my computer (not the server), deleted out all but the latest version (the most recent date modified), and I haven't had a problem getting back into our server ever since (no memory errors since I did that).

Again, don't know if it is the absolute fix, or if it has just been coincidence that it worked for me - but if your players are having trouble getting into your server (or you're having issues getting into others' servers) - check your !Workshop folder and delete out duplicates. See if that works for you.

8 minutes ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

Everyone joining the server we run is having the memory error issue. I found multiple versions of the same mods in the !Workshop folder on my computer (not the server), deleted out all but the latest version (the most recent date modified), and I haven't had a problem getting back into our server ever since (no memory errors since I did that).

Again, don't know if it is the absolute fix, or if it has just been coincidence that it worked for me - but if your players are having trouble getting into your server (or you're having issues getting into others' servers) - check your !Workshop folder and delete out duplicates. See if that works for you.

when i had this problem with myself and others i deleted there name from the database this fixed the issue for me as it was a database required wipe 

One fix I have for crashes and memory leaks is changing my memory allocator on the client, for some unknown reason it fixes the problem temporarily, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

Advertisement