Retribution

Kiwi - Base Raiding explosives.. WTF?

57 posts in this topic

Exile is my favorite mod out of any mod i ever played. But some recent changes have marked my want for a revert of changes made in kiwi so the mod lives on. If not, i anticipate a stark decline in my exilemod play and others. MAINLY -  the new base raiding explosives system. W.T.F? Its not configurable serverside?? As in the time it takes to set a charge and number of charges to destroy a wall. 15 minutes or so (i left to take a bathroom break) and it doesn't even take the concrete wall down? Really, talk about insanity.  What was wrong with the old way? Never a set amount of charges in my experience for even a wood wall, and that was good for the gameplay! That wasn't broke, why fix it? The recipes for explosives is editable but thats it? How was this thought of as a good idea? (unless im missing it somewhere, but ive searched extensively) What was wrong with the old system.  Then being told that changing these somehow would break the in game PAID app support? Making money off the backs of the server owners and not letting them edit things to their player bases liking? (if there is a way to edit those things, please let me know!) Not COOL. Seems that this whole base raiding system was built around the app, which, i for one will never download being as i have to pay for it apparently, and its rife with potential for exploit. Not online and your base gets raided? Tough stuff, build it strong and it will last, but nothing lasts forever, and loot respawns!!! 

Kiwi hit a few home runs, but the above being left the way it is breaks base raiding in my opinion. Lose the app and just put it back the way it was.

Mine is just one opinion in the sea of many. Thanks for reading!  

Sorry to say but i think you are one of the few who thinks its unbalanced.

Out of all the options that i know about this one is most fair to raider and base owner.

Nice risk reward balance between concrete and wood.

Consistent and easely explained to new players.

Being able to break in to a base within 60seconds might be cool to the one raiding,but what about the base owner.

This offers more risk to the raider because of the time to place explosives.

This combined with the app and sound radius of the explosion makes it a acctual event.

I might even consider coming back later because of the bang and time to place explosives.

• Like 3

Advertisement
5 hours ago, Retribution said:

Then being told that changing these somehow would break the in game PAID app support? Making money off the backs of the server owners and not letting them edit things to their player bases liking?

Incredible. Yet another ignorant player/server owner.

To run the application, the devs are paying for a server that's most likely costing more per month than you will ever have to pay to host Arma. On top of that, the fees involved in publishing an app. But no, you're right. They're making money off the back of server owners.

I heard they're even thinking about increasing the price of Exile. Oh.... wait. It's FREE!?

• Like 13

If not, i anticipate a stark decline in my exilemod play and others.

It is up to you what you play and what you do not.

15 minutes or so (i left to take a bathroom break) and it doesn't even take the concrete wall down? Really, talk about insanity

It takes you hours to get all the items you need for a single wall. Then you also have to risk your life at the concrete mixer. I hope you understand the meaning of "in balance".

What was wrong with the old way?

God Mode exploits for walls due to engine related problems.

Unrealistic and unreliable explosion damage distribution.

Complicated damage calculation that are too hard to explain and to understand.

Unpredictable chance of success and number of required charges.Possible trolling exploits.

W.T.F? Its not configurable serverside??

Not everything, no. We have given you a highly configurable mod that you can change to your liking. We allow you to break it and we allow you to improve it. If you break it and turn Exile into something the player does not like, he will not dislike your server. He will dislike us. In other words: If the experience on the server is shit, players will think Exile is shit. It is the only thing that we ask you to not change. If you do, you are not only confusing your player base, as the experience will differ from server to server, you will also hurt us.

We trust you here. Why don't you trust us?

6 hours ago, Retribution said:

Then being told that changing these somehow would break the in game PAID app support? Making money off the backs of the server owners

Let me check your servers and see what we can do about your monetization rights. Oh wait, we allow you to monetize OUR work. So who the hell are you to complain that we offer an extra service for a naive price, that took us months to develop and costs us on a monthly basis? If you really think we would be after money, we would privatize Exile and host it on our own. 

People like you make me mad. Get your shit straight or get out of here.

• Like 27

I myself and all the players that currently visit my server absolutly LOVE the new base raiding. Only problem I see is the amount of unhappy players that never give anything a chance before exploding on a free game mod that these DEVs spend their money and time to design for us players. I for one would not play a game/mod that I didnt enjoy, I LOVE THE EXILE MOD, Thank you DEV's, programmers, scipts kiddies, LOL   and all you other people that give us a great style of gameplay. ! ! ! 

• Like 1

Wow , talk about shooting the messenger @Eichi, and piling on @maca134 , forums are for voicing opinions , I think he has a poor opinion of the mod at this point ,  and if he really looked into it , he could edit it , so, take the critique as it is , and carry on . I mean I critique all the time , and I didn't even mention it seems that the install for this update was a test to see if you could figure out where the errors were / are . Just sayin ....

17 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Wow , talk about shooting the messenger @Eichi, and piling on @maca134 , forums are for voicing opinions , I think he has a poor opinion of the mod at this point ,  and if he really looked into it , he could edit it , so, take the critique as it is , and carry on . I mean I critique all the time , and I didn't even mention it seems that the install for this update was a test to see if you could figure out where the errors were / are . Just sayin ....

There's a difference between constructive criticism and being rude.

• Like 3

Advertisement