ThePartyCrasher

Black Screen after Kiwi Update

31 posts in this topic

I am not sure, where to post this and not sure where the problem lies. My server, which is a rented server... Issued an update today for the Kiwi Update. After running the update, I get the new loading pictures screen, I get the Loading info on the bottom left and the red loading bar. However, when trying to load into the server after that. Our members get stuck on a black screen. Iam not sure if this is client side or server side. Any help would be appreciated.

This is on my server, that I know has been updated. As well I have updated my client through A3 and then to make sure manually.

Edited by ThePartyCrasher

Advertisement

Hello guys have you updated your extDB and exile.ini file? 

I had a black screen too, but it was my error because i forgot to update ext.DB and exile.ini, also do not forget to update your database with sql script which was included in @ExileServer. If you can add some rpt logs or database log, that would help too.

16 minutes ago, pomp4h said:

Hello guys have you updated your extDB and exile.ini file? 

I had a black screen too, but it was my error because i forgot to update ext.DB and exile.ini, also do not forget to update your database with sql script which was included in @ExileServer. If you can add some rpt logs or database log, that would help too.

Hi and thanks for the info but do you rent a server from a hosting provider or do you own your own from home? The problem is they gave us specific directions and a mod patch file, the directions were:

Updated 29.06.2016

THIS UPDATE REQUIRES THAT YOU ALSO UPDATE YOUR OWN CLIENT FILES ON YOUR PC!

This is a complete server update, meaning the core server files will be over-written.

If you have important files such as custom mission files, we advise you to back these up prior to installing the update.

If you restore custom files after installing this update and experience issues, the issues will 99.9% be caused by incompatibility between your custom files and the latest update.

The following files will be over-written:

@Exile
@ExileServer
Arma3Config/BattlEye
Arma3Config/basic.cfg
Arma3Config/config.cfg
keys
mpmissions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i removed all of my custom files for good measure and installed the patch, they requested.

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.afd438e835ec9e0e5f

Capture.thumb.JPG.8be9699039130c23181278

Edited by ThePartyCrasher

@ThePartyCrasher

Hey again. I have three exile servers rented from vilayer (have been with them now for almost 2 years). I have same ACP like you. 

I rather update everything manually, in my experience it is better and when i do these things manually it works without problems. also if you are trying to get your custom mission to work, mb you should first try default altis or namalsk to see if you will be able to start the server and if it will works, than you will probably need to do some diffmerging to your custom mission.

7 minutes ago, pomp4h said:

@ThePartyCrasher

Hey again. I have three exile servers rented from vilayer (have been with them now for almost 2 years). I have same ACP like you. 

I rather update everything manually, in my experience it is better and when i do these things manually it works without problems. also if you are trying to get your custom mission to work, mb you should first try default altis or namalsk to see if you will be able to start the server and if it will works, than you will probably need to do some diffmerging to your custom mission.

Thanks for the info, but I scratched all the DMS for now and other scripts until I get this working. I will downlod the file from exile and see if I can do this manually.

• Like 1

I myself have done it manually install no mods no infistar. spent all day trying to get the thing to work. got me stuffed. it either hangs on black screen or waiting for server to load. Just bought infistar too seems like I wasted money as now server wont even work. A little disappointed as others have their server working, but looked all over the forum and tried different options they suggested but still no play. Even my service provider cant figure it out now I stuffed.

because last night I had a working server with mods and infistar,  now I have nothing after update.

if someone gets their server working a tut vid would be great so old people like me can see exactly how they did it.

as I been doing it all step by step but I shit out of luck.

Edited by Wizznall

Advertisement