TDBGaming

[CLOSED] Not sure if bugs or just restart lag

8 posts in this topic

OK I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it was just caused by the 3am (UK time) restart. So anyhow I got a message saying ano abandomed safe had been unlocked so I jumped in the truck I found at the traders unlocked  (figured it was unlocked at restart as left in safe zone) and headed to the safe. When I got there the safe was empty so I packed it and started my way to the traders. Along the way I stopped off to check a couple of buildings and while doing this the server restarted. It must have been a good 5 min after picking up the safe. After the restart when I logged in I was roughly back where I got the safe from only I didn't have the sage.  Not only that but the vehicle had gone. I went back to where I got the safe from but it was not there either so not sure if there is a bug when you take a unlocked safe that it's not stored in the database in your gear. After about 10 / 15 min running I got back to where I was when the server restarted and the vehicle was there. I totally expected it to be locked as it was a hunter but it wasn't (another bug as wasn't near a safe zone?).

Long story short.... possible 2 bugs..

First is when you find an abandoned safe it may not be getting added to your inventory in database

And second is a hunter remaining unlocked after a restart.

Advertisement
31 minutes ago, RetardMagnet said:

If you didnt lock the hunter before restart, it would still be unlocked after. This has always been the thing on Exile. No clue about the safe.

Ah explains that one. I didn't know that I always thought they was locked at restarts.

This is a known issue with network synchronization after the server has started. You can roughly say that within the first five minutes when a server starts, everything is fucked. Objects are missing and appear suddenly, sometimes they just rotate. And this causes vehicles to explode.

There are two problems that cause this. Problem number one is that the server fails to synchronize within the first five minutes. To quote the Arma wiki:

NOTE: serverTime is available to both server and clients and shows the same value when synced. The only time it is not synced is on the server, right after server restart and only for the first 300 seconds. Client side serverTime is synced from the start. serverTime is also different from server time and server diag_tickTime

Second, is a bit more technical and depends on the simulation type, so its different between doors and walls for example. Not sure if we can do something there.

22 minutes ago, Eichi said:

This is a known issue with network synchronization after the server has started. You can roughly say that within the first five minutes when a server starts, everything is fucked. Objects are missing and appear suddenly, sometimes they just rotate. And this causes vehicles to explode.

There are two problems that cause this. Problem number one is that the server fails to synchronize within the first five minutes. To quote the Arma wiki:

Second, is a bit more technical and depends on the simulation type, so its different between doors and walls for example. Not sure if we can do something there.

Sorry not sure i fully get what your saying. Are you saying that its because i joined the server to fast? i knew that you needed to log off before a restart or you could loose stuff etc but never knew about when the server started up.

Would it be worth using the bec lock command to lock the server for the first 5 min and delaying the call for items from database for a few min or would that not solve it?

Advertisement