MGgaming101

[SOLVED] Base raiding not working.

13 posts in this topic

My curiousity had me in it's power and made me try to steal a flag....When i scrolled my mouse while looking at the pole i got the ''Steal flag'' text, upon clicking it i got the loading bar showed up and so i waited,
after a while the flag came down and the pole was empty. Alrighty i guess, let's go to the trader and sell the flag; No flag in my inventory. I tried talking to the Office guy....He doesn't give me an option either to sell the flag. Flag dissapeared ?. I checked my inventory, vehicle inventory, XM8 ? (is the flag a virtual item or so ?) but nope.

Everything seemed to work smoothly, the flag came down and dissapeared but never got it in an actual ''item''. 

Edited by MGgaming101

Tried this with @kiwigreen an hour or so after you mentioned it in side chat.

Worked for us using the same process you mentioned above except the flag is dropped at the base of the pole as a wood box once it has come down the pole. Pick that up and take it to a trader to sell it.

Also if you can get the flag box off the person who stole it you can go back to your flag pole and put the flag back up.

• Like 1

Advertisement
11 minutes ago, McFurSun said:

Tried this with @kiwigreen an hour or so after you mentioned it in side chat.

Worked for us using the same process you mentioned above except the flag is dropped at the base of the pole as a wood box once it has come down the pole. Pick that up and take it to a trader to sell it.

Also if you can get the flag box off the person who stole it you can go back to your flag pole and put the flag back up.

Thanks for letting me know; i guess i got unlucky cuz i didn't get no wooden crate which had supposed to be the flag. Eitherway that person is gonna lose his base anyways lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MGgaming101 said:

Either way that person is gonna lose his base anyways lol. 

This is actually an interesting point. What happens when a bug/glitch like this occurs, or when I decide to take the stolen flag and drop it on the bottom of the ocean?

1 hour ago, Brady_The said:

This is actually an interesting point. What happens when a bug/glitch like this occurs, or when I decide to take the stolen flag and drop it on the bottom of the ocean?

Curious about that to. It may not even happen intentional, but you die to a Arma glitch and cant acces gear anymore.

Well, you just happened to steal the flag of MY base :D I had my phone ringing this morning because of this ;)

The flag is an item that is dropped onto the ground when you steal the flag. Looks like you forgot it there. I now need to buy a new one ;) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brady_The said:

I think this a really good point. Does this not leave the system open to griefing?

Well, if you throw it away or lose it, you just dont get the money at the traders. The owner can still buy a new one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eichi said:

Well, you just happened to steal the flag of MY base :D I had my phone ringing this morning because of this ;)

The flag is an item that is dropped onto the ground when you steal the flag. Looks like you forgot it there. I now need to buy a new one ;) 

Ooh noes, did it show my name ?. And i assume it was yours, the one on a penninsula south east of Zaros ?.
Eitherway i'm glad to be the 1st to confirm actions on the base raiding and phone app :D.

Another thing to scrap off my to do list !!. 

Advertisement