Mr Heisenberg

Server Performance

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys i was wondering what kinda setup you guys had for your arma 3 server.

My setup is:

• intel 4x 3.6GHz
  • 24GB RAM
  • 2x 250GB SSD
  • 1Gbps Data Transfer
  • CentOS 7

I wanna know is my CPU stays 49% no matter what i add.

SHOW YOUR SERVER INFO

If you want the best performance you need to go with a Windows based server, the Linux version of the server software isn't optimised anywhere near as well as the Windows version.

My CPU usage on an i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz/16GB RAM/SSD/Windows 8.1 is around 20-30%% with 150 AI and around 10 players

When the server is full (75 players) arma3server.exe uses around 70-80% of the CPU

Edited by second_coming
  • Like 2

Advertisement
1 hour ago, second_coming said:

If you want the best performance you need to go with a Windows based server, the Linux version of the server software isn't optimised anywhere near as well as the Windows version.

My CPU usage on an i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz/16GB RAM/SSD/Windows 8.1 is around 20-30%% with 150 AI and around 10 players

When the server is full (75 players) arma3server.exe uses around 70-80% of the CPU

I've got like 40 AI, running more or less the same mods, on the same server, and Im sitting at 20% CPU with almost no players and when 30 or so get on it goes up to 75%  =(

Specs are in signature. With 2 servers one with 65-73 players and about 60 ai  other around 7-15 players around and about 60 ai we see around 60-70% CPU

my server is running on a ubuntu 16 LTS vm inside Vmware ESXI , dual xeon E5530 @ 2.4  with 12gb of ram ,

with 100 AI 

cpu stays at 20% with 40% or so peaks. 

Advertisement