madisoncourto

mission.sqf issue

13 posts in this topic

I'm able to add a custom trader at coords {23487.5,18688,0.00143909}; but when I add a custom spawn location with

position[] = {23487.5,18688,0.00143909}; my server locks as normal on restart but never unlocks, I'm able to set position to an array of other working spawn locations and it works fine.

Am I mission something here?

EDIT: now it's starting but puts me in the middle of the ocean.

Edited by madisoncourto

Advertisement

Check your servers RPT log for script errors or atleast post a pastebin copy of it here, kinda hard to provide any assistance when the information provided is this vague.

It would go in the initPlayerLocal.sqf

Really, I have added other spawn locations to mission.sqf and they have worked fine.

Could you please give me an example of what can be added there?

Check your servers RPT log for script errors or atleast post a pastebin copy of it here, kinda hard to provide any assistance when the information provided is this vague.

There are no script errors related to it as it appears to be valid, it shows on the map with the correct x and z coord but not where it should on the y so it's at the bottom of the map.

Ok sorry this was my bad i thought you were talking about a trader spawning in. I really have no idea how to do new spawn points, it sound to me like you need to set the y coord.  Anything done to the mission.sqm can be seen in the editor.

In mission.sqm coords are [X,Z,Y]. Why I dont know...

Normally they come from the editor as [X,Y,Z] and stuff will not work unless you swithch Y and Z coordinates.

position[] = {23487.5,18688,0.00143909};

should be

position[] = {23487.5,0.00143909,18688};

and you would have a point at Almyra somewhere.

Advertisement