killkillkill

exile host havoc

Question

Guys / gals...

I am moving from arma2oa servers to an exile mod server. What a learning curve and world of difference.

I am therefore a noob. I have searched and cannot find the command line params to start the server. I can add a custom command line...but what exactly do I add (besides @exile and @exileserver) to enable it, besides default? Thanks for any help.

15 answers to this question

I'm not from HostHavoc but generally speaking "-mod=@Exile;@ExileServer;" should be all you need, if you're running anything else custom then "-mod=@Custom1;@Custom2;@Exile;@ExileServer;" I was assisting a friend of mine who was with HostHavoc :)

Advertisement
On 5/14/2016 at 10:01 PM, killkillkill said:

Guys / gals...

I am moving from arma2oa servers to an exile mod server. What a learning curve and world of difference.

I am therefore a noob. I have searched and cannot find the command line params to start the server. I can add a custom command line...but what exactly do I add (besides @exile and @exileserver) to enable it, besides default? Thanks for any help.

I use Host Havok and have been pretty pleased with them and their service. I run a #$#$ ton of mods so if you need any help or tips post back here and I will help when I can. 

Edited by Timmay

Thanks Timmay. I have been able to figure out most of the issues. Except for rcon.. HH give me wrong params for the server.cfg and have not replied to my statement that it does not work.

Do you use an rcon and if so, what is the correct line that goes in the server.cfg?

9 hours ago, killkillkill said:

Thanks Timmay. I have been able to figure out most of the issues. Except for rcon.. HH give me wrong params for the server.cfg and have not replied to my statement that it does not work.

Do you use an rcon and if so, what is the correct line that goes in the server.cfg?

What line specifically? The only dependency between the two is the serverPassword = "" in your exile_server_config.pbo (which is listed as serverCommandPassword in your A3DS\server.cfg needs to be the same and the rest is self explanatory. Also, quote me so I am alerted by your reply. 

Edited by Timmay

2 hours ago, Timmay said:

What line specifically? The only dependency between the two is the serverPassword = "" in your exile_server_config.pbo (which is listed as serverCommandPassword in your A3DS\server.cfg needs to be the same and the rest is self explanatory. Also, quote me so I am alerted by your reply. 

The servercommandpassword does not work as an rcon password.

I tried it anyways and it does not work.

HH said that there has to be an rcon command.. Specifically they said: " It would be: RConPassword password ".

I tried it and different variations such as RCon_Password= "password"; and RCon_Password= password; . To no avail.

The 3 different rcons that I tried would not work with either the servercommandpassword nor any of these variations.

On my arma2oa server, there is no extra rcon commands needed. I just use the log in password.

8 hours ago, killkillkill said:

The servercommandpassword does not work as an rcon password.

I tried it anyways and it does not work.

HH said that there has to be an rcon command.. Specifically they said: " It would be: RConPassword password ".

I tried it and different variations such as RCon_Password= "password"; and RCon_Password= password; . To no avail.

The 3 different rcons that I tried would not work with either the servercommandpassword nor any of these variations.

On my arma2oa server, there is no extra rcon commands needed. I just use the log in password.

Sorry lol, that is probably the only thing I don't do on HH. I assume you are trying to actually use some remote console software to manage which is something I don't do. 

On 5/21/2016 at 4:08 PM, Timmay said:

Sorry lol, that is probably the only thing I don't do on HH. I assume you are trying to actually use some remote console software to manage which is something I don't do. 

Hey I recently rented a server from HH, and ive been having issues setting it up. My mods dont all seem to be working and my server gets stuck on creating. Any ideas?

@Timmay Recently by last night, however ive been working on it for hours and hours. I ran it up with exile first and it was working then, I believe the server isnt loading the map. Im just using the CUP mods, Exile, and CBA. 

Advertisement