Morkelele ◢◤

DLC weapons and the issue of P2W

26 posts in this topic

To no fault of the Exile devs themselves, I fear that to an extent ARMA 3 Exile is a little P2W. As far as I know the devs have not introduced any micro transactions into the mod, nor have I seen any ridiculous donator perks in individual servers. What I am talking about, however, is the Marksmen DLC. on the surface everything seems fine, But it quickly becomes apparent whilst playing Exile that amount of DLC weapons that spawn is nothing short of insane. I swear you cannot walk into a military complex with out finding multiple DLC weapons, and often even in the smaller military areas such as the random deerstand in a forest, They will spawn DLC items and there is nothing that you can do about it. Its ridiculous to walk into a building and see a makarov, and right next to it a Cyrus... And speaking of the Cyrus, it, the and the SPMG are HILARIOUSLY OP. The Cyrus I believe is undeniably the most well rounded versatile easy to use and find weapon to ever exist in any game period, It is more percise than your average DMR, and it has much more umph than any 7.62x51 rifle could ever imagine to achieve. The SPMG, well, I think you know what I would say about this one... I mean its a LMG, chambered in .338... enough said...  And maybe you dont think these weapons are op in the sense that they out way their competition statistically and are far superior to any other weapons in the game (to that I say your insane) fine, I dont care, thats not the main point, although it is a huge factor, The main point is, They are far to common, They are literally everywhere, even on half of the AI for christ sakes, and there is nothing more obnoxious than needing or wanting a weapon or ghillie suit or scope, but then to be greeted with a piece of equipment that you cannot use... and then someone 1 shots you from 1352m away with there Cyrus 9.3... So Obviously you know what I am imposing, I say that DLC items SHOULD NO LONGER SPAWN IN EXILE. And at the very least, if the devs decide against this idea which I personally find to be the most balanced, fair, and senseable way to do it, atleast devs, PLEASEEEEEE, fine tune the spawn rate to make them spawn 1/3 of the amount they spawn right now. Please, its not only me that thinks this, I asked the Entire ADK Namalsk server and all but one who just so happened to own the DLC and was walking around killing people with his Cyrus 9.3mm agreed with me that it should be taken out of the mod, even some people who did own the DLC. Please take this into consideration, and do whatever you can to keep this thread up top so the devs see it and consider it.

Edited by Morkelele ◢◤

Advertisement
52 minutes ago, Morkelele ◢◤ said:

To no fault of the Exile devs themselves, I fear that to an extent ARMA 3 Exile is a little P2W. As far as I know the devs have not introduced any micro transactions into the mod, nor have I seen any ridiculous donator perks in individual servers. What I am talking about, however, is the Marksmen DLC. on the surface everything seems fine, But it quickly becomes apparent whilst playing Exile that amount of DLC weapons that spawn is nothing short of insane. I swear you cannot walk into a military complex with out finding multiple DLC weapons, and often even in the smaller military areas such as the random deerstand in a forest, They will spawn DLC items and there is nothing that you can do about it. Its ridiculous to walk into a building and see a makarov, and right next to it a Cyrus... And speaking of the Cyrus, it, the and the SPMG are HILARIOUSLY OP. The Cyrus I believe is undeniably the most well rounded versatile easy to use and find weapon to ever exist in any game period, It is more percise than your average DMR, and it has much more umph than any 7.62x51 rifle could ever imagine to achieve. The SPMG, well, I think you know what I would say about this one... I mean its a LMG, chambered in .338... enough said...  And maybe you dont think these weapons are op in the sense that they out way their competition statistically and are far superior to any other weapons in the game (to that I say your insane) fine, I dont care, thats not the main point, although it is a huge factor, The main point is, They are far to common, They are literally everywhere, even on half of the AI for christ sakes, and there is nothing more obnoxious than needing or wanting a weapon or ghillie suit or scope, but then to be greeted with a piece of equipment that you cannot use... and then someone 1 shots you from 1352m away with there Cyrus 9.3... So Obviously you know what I am imposing, I say that DLC items SHOULD NO LONGER SPAWN IN EXILE. And at the very least, if the devs decide against this idea which I personally find to be the most balanced, fair, and senseable way to do it, atleast devs, PLEASEEEEEE, fine tune the spawn rate to make them spawn 1/3 of the amount they spawn right now. Please, its not only me that thinks this, I asked the Entire ADK Namalsk server and all but one who just so happened to own the DLC and was walking around killing people with his Cyrus 9.3mm agreed with me that it should be taken out of the mod, even some people who did own the DLC. Please take this into consideration, and do whatever you can to keep this thread up top so the devs see it and consider it.

Literally everything you brought up can be configured by the Server Admins/Coders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrazyCorky said:

Literally everything you brought up can be configured by the Server Admins/Coders.

Exactly this. If the OP is playing on servers littered with DLC weapons, it's down to the preferences of the Admin, not the Exile Devs.

On 18.04.2016 at 3:49 AM, happydayz said:

Exile actually removed them from loot tables a long time ago. All the servers put them back manually. 

Hello!

You're not quite right, actually.

All DLCs are here, except few MMGs, within stock exile_server_config.pbo.

Spoiler

> DLCRifles
// To overpowered. Do not use in vanilla Exile
//4, MMG_01_hex_F				//Navid
//4, MMG_01_tan_F				//Navid
//6, MMG_02_black_F				//SPMG
//6, MMG_02_camo_F				//SPMG
//6, MMG_02_sand_F				//SPMG
6, srifle_DMR_02_camo_F			//MAR10
6, srifle_DMR_02_F				//MAR10
6, srifle_DMR_02_sniper_F		//MAR10
3, srifle_DMR_03_F				//MK1EMR
3, srifle_DMR_03_khaki_F		//MK1EMR
3, srifle_DMR_03_tan_F			//MK1EMR
3, srifle_DMR_03_woodland_F		//MK1EMR
7, srifle_DMR_04_F				//ASP1KIR
7, srifle_DMR_04_Tan_F			//ASP1KIR
8, srifle_DMR_05_blk_F			//CYRUS
8, srifle_DMR_05_hex_F			//CYRUS
8, srifle_DMR_05_tan_F			//CYRUS
3, srifle_DMR_06_camo_F			//Mk14
3, srifle_DMR_06_olive_F		//Mk14

> DLCAmmo
//18, 150Rnd_93x64_Mag		//Navid
//25, 130Rnd_338_Mag			//SPMG
16, 10Rnd_338_Mag			//MAR10
11, 20Rnd_762x51_Mag		//MK1EMR
14, 10Rnd_127x54_Mag		//ASP1KIR
16, 10Rnd_93x64_DMR_05_Mag	//CYRUS

Good luck.

• Like 1

+ for this, but its more an arma issue...

it's really annoying if your wear just a ghillie for example and don't have the dlc's - your screen get shit full of advertisment !

so you are forced to buy it more or less...

moreover things like karts or weapons are completely useless for non dlc people , which I think sucks really hard when your in survival and a pristine kart is in front of you...

29 minutes ago, hieve said:

+ for this, but its more an arma issue...

it's really annoying if your wear just a ghillie for example and don't have the dlc's - your screen get shit full of advertisment !

so you are forced to buy it more or less...

moreover things like karts or weapons are completely useless for non dlc people , which I think sucks really hard when your in survival and a pristine kart is in front of you...

it's almost as if this is a game Bohemia wants to make money on!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

it's almost as if this is a game Bohemia wants to make money on!

dlc politics have destroyed alot games today(thx EA especially for destroying alot good brands out there)...

you should not be forced to have dlc to play game vanilla wise! it should be extra content

Advertisement