cGs! mIKE

1 hour day, 20 minute night...then repeat

13 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to properly have the server run day time for 1 hour,  then give a complete 15 to 20 minute night cycle?  then rinse and repeat.

We run a 3 hour restart timer as well if that helps point me in the right direction?

I see other similar threads, but they seem old.  Not sure if they still work.

regards,

Mike

if (!isServer) exitWith {};
while {true} do
{
	if (daytime >= 18 || daytime < 7) then
	{
		setTimeMultiplier 12
	}
	else
	{
		setTimeMultiplier 4
	};
	uiSleep 30;
};

adjust the numbers to your liking

Advertisement
4 hours ago, Dizzturbed said:

while {true} do
{
	{
		setTimeMultiplier 12
	}
	else
	{
		setTimeMultiplier 4
	};
	uiSleep 30;
};

I'm just trying to get my head around this. So when in game time is 1800 hours to 0700 hours, the time multiplier is 12, and then from 0700 to 1800 the time multilpier is set to 4. Does this have any impact on hunger/thirst if time is accelerated?

26 minutes ago, kuplion said:

I'm just trying to get my head around this. So when in game time is 1800 hours to 0700 hours, the time multiplier is 12, and then from 0700 to 1800 the time multilpier is set to 4. Does this have any impact on hunger/thirst if time is accelerated?

No it doesn't :) Not sure how it's measured with food/thirst, but this shouldn't interfere with it. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2016 at 4:13 AM, Dizzturbed said:

while {true} do
{
	{
		setTimeMultiplier 12
	}
	else
	{
		setTimeMultiplier 4
	};
	uiSleep 30;
};

would you run this from an SQF?

3 hours ago, second_coming said:

If you use the development version of this I have added in the ability to control the day/night cycles, look in the config.sqf to configure it.

https://github.com/secondcoming/a3_exile_occupation/blob/development/config.sqf#L24-L28

Thanks for your response. But, for the sake of argument, where would I add the time thingy if I didn't use your AI system? 

56 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

Thanks for your response. But, for the sake of argument, where would I add the time thingy if I didn't use your AI system? 

just disable all the bits you don't want and leave that part active. You could probably still use the loot crates (if you set the number of AI to 0), heli crashes, fast night and public bus without using DMS

Edited by second_coming

9 hours ago, second_coming said:

just disable all the bits you don't want and leave that part active. You could probably still use the loot crates (if you set the number of AI to 0), heli crashes, fast night and public bus without using DMS

Yeah, but for the sake of argument let's  say I wouldn't want to add anything else to my server (I'm going the occupation stripped way because I like the extra features), how would one implement the speeduptimethingy?

Advertisement