Apoc

[XM8 App] Apoc's Airdrop Assistance

639 posts in this topic

Alright, as I once mentioned, I was working on porting the Airdrop Assistance script that I created for A3Wasteland over to Exile.  Thanks to the work of Shix on the XM8 App, it gave me the kick to actually get to work and get it ported.  This release is the result of that.

First, credit to those who have come before:

Credits

@Janski - 

@AgentRev - for use of some of the A3Wasteland Functions (Permission Granted from 'Rev)

@CreamPie - for the original inspiration to create the A3W Airdrop

@Brun - The Brama Cookbook provided me with spacing and such for the app layout

@WolfkillArcadia - Advanced Banking compatibility sweetness!

-Props to the others fellows whose code I perused to understand dialog functions better. -If I've forgotten anyone specific, speak up!

Features

• Server-side creation of objects and money-handling
  • Unlimited number of categories of drops and drop contents
  • Configurable cool down timer between uses
  • Vehicle Drops (currently non-persistent)

Release Video - YouTube

Github Repository

Install Instructions (ExAd Version)

1) Install ExAd, w/ XM8 Plugin

2) Copy the client folder from the Airdrop Github to the Apps folder.

3) From the config.cpp in the Airdrop Github, you need to add the ExAd_APOC_Airdrop class to the CfgXM8 class within your mission config.cpp

4) You'll need to PBO the exad_apoc_airdrop folder from within the @ExileServer\addons  and drop it into your server's ExileServer\addons folder.

5) PROFIT

Config Notes

You can set the respect threshold for each drop.  That is the last numeric field in the included file.  If you leave that field out, the script will treat it as if there is no respect threshold.  Or so it should. :)

You can copy your old configs over to the new system.  You just have to make sure you leave the header and such in the new file.  As well as line 11, #include "functions.sqf"

Notes:

So, the dialog is still kinda buggy.  I probably need to add some cleanup lines to empty out the dialog so they reload properly.

Side Note:

Also, my config is crap, if you hadn't caught on to that.  I just threw stuff in there to get some some data in.  If someone comes up with a balanced config for a vanilla exile (no weapon/vehicle addons) crate arrangement, I'll gladly drop that in the repo and credit the kind soul who submits.

Advanced Banking:

So WolfkillArcadia was awesome enough to make the edits for compatibility with AdvancedBanking.  So just check the config file for where that gets set. 

I have no idea if Advanced banking still works in this version of Exile, or if it's configs are still the same.  So yeah, let me know if that part of airdrop is broken.

April 2018 - Update

So to be compatible with the latest Exile update that has native extra apps.  Thanks to @=TZI= TWIIST for the update.  You'll need to edit your CfgXM8 class to have the following:

Spoiler

class ExAd_APOC_Airdrop
    {
        title = "APOC Airdrop";
        controlID = 66000;                    //IDC:66000 -> 66005 || These need to be unique and out of range from each other
        appID = "App05";                     //Make sure this is the same as the button you are using. For example if you next free button is "XM8_App07_Button" then this would be "App07"
        config = "ExadClient\XM8\Apps\APOC_Airdrop\config.sqf";
        onLoad = "ExAdClient\XM8\Apps\APOC_Airdrop\onLoad.sqf";
        onOpen = "ExAdClient\XM8\Apps\APOC_Airdrop\onOpen.sqf";
        onClose = "ExAdClient\XM8\Apps\APOC_Airdrop\onClose.sqf";
    };
}; //This closes your CfgXM8 class

//New class for a button here
class XM8_App05_Button: RscExileXM8AppButton1x1
{
    textureNoShortcut = "\a3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\CommunicationMenu\supplydrop_ca.paa";
    text = "APOC Airdrop";
    onButtonClick = "['ExAd_APOC_Airdrop', 0] call ExileClient_gui_xm8_slide";
    resource = "";
};

May 2018 Update

I've updated the github to have a potential fix for the blank dialog issue.  This was caused by the fn_createCombo function being removed from ExAd, which the airdrop script called upon.  I've included that function in the app function definitions, so it should be all squared away now.

Edited by Apoc
No longer need ExAd Dev Version
  • Like 20

Advertisement

10/10 better than eBase. 
Only thing I would change is instead of using your own remote exec take advantage of exiles CfgNetworkMessages as its way more secure.
PM me if you want help on using CfgNetworkMessages

• Like 5

and what is whit the XM8 init installation example?

//App 9
_app9Text = "App 9";
_app9Logo = "";
app9_action = {

};

9 minutes ago, Quixy said:

and what is whit the XM8 init installation example?

//App 9
_app9Text = "App 9";
_app9Logo = "";
app9_action = {

};

//App 9
_app9Text = "App 9";
_app9Logo = "";
app9_action = {

execVM"xm8Apps\Apps\APOC_Airdrop_Assistance\APOC_Airdrop_Assistance_XM8.sqf";

};

Edited by HazeProduktion

Thanks APOC!

Might be different on others, but I had to whitelist and add it to remoteexec.txt

!="apoc_srv_startairdrop \[.*,.*\]"

i have tihis script installed, no Airdrop is comming, i see it on the Xm8 , i can call anny airdrop, the radio speaks. right i see the 90 sec ETA

but no airdrop comes, the debug Monitor send Error :

RPT Error :

23:10:35 Error in expression <","Exile_Item_MountainDupe"], 10]
]
]

];#line 9 "mpmissions\__cur_mp.Namalsk\Cu>
23:10:35   Error position: <;#line 9 "mpmissions\__cur_mp.Namalsk\Cu>
23:10:35   Error Missing ]
23:10:35 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Namalsk\Custom\APOC_Airdrop_Assistance\config.sqf, line 103

this ist the Config :

94    ["airdrop_FoodLarge",
95        [
96            ["itm", ["Exile_Item_EMRE","Exile_Item_GloriousKnakworst","Exile_Item_Surstromming"], 10],
97            ["itm", ["Exile_Item_EMRE","Exile_Item_GloriousKnakworst","Exile_Item_Surstromming"], 10],
98            ["itm", ["Exile_Item_PlasticBottleCoffee","Exile_Item_PlasticBottleFreshWater","Exile_Item_MountainDupe"], 10],
99            ["itm", ["Exile_Item_PlasticBottleCoffee","Exile_Item_PlasticBottleFreshWater","Exile_Item_MountainDupe"], 10]
100        ]
101    ]

103 ];

Edited by Quixy

24 minutes ago, Quixy said:

i have tihis script installed, no Airdrop is comming, i see it on the Xm8 , i can call anny airdrop, the radio speaks. right i see the 90 sec ETA

but no airdrop comes, the debug Monitor send Error :

RPT Error :

23:10:35 Error in expression <","Exile_Item_MountainDupe"], 10]
]
]

];#line 9 "mpmissions\__cur_mp.Namalsk\Cu>
23:10:35   Error position: <;#line 9 "mpmissions\__cur_mp.Namalsk\Cu>
23:10:35   Error Missing ]
23:10:35 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Namalsk\Custom\APOC_Airdrop_Assistance\config.sqf, line 103

this ist the Config :

94    ["airdrop_FoodLarge",
95        [
96            ["itm", ["Exile_Item_EMRE","Exile_Item_GloriousKnakworst","Exile_Item_Surstromming"], 10],
97            ["itm", ["Exile_Item_EMRE","Exile_Item_GloriousKnakworst","Exile_Item_Surstromming"], 10],
98            ["itm", ["Exile_Item_PlasticBottleCoffee","Exile_Item_PlasticBottleFreshWater","Exile_Item_MountainDupe"], 10],
99            ["itm", ["Exile_Item_PlasticBottleCoffee","Exile_Item_PlasticBottleFreshWater","Exile_Item_MountainDupe"], 10]
100        ]
101    ]

103 ];

Quixy, put your entire config.sqf within some spoiler tags here and I'll see what's up.  My guess is you've modified the arrays and have something goofed there.  That's the tricky part with the config, is it is easy to get those structures messed up.

Advertisement