Sign in to follow this  
Tobias Solem

Should there be a built in server-restart function?

Should there be a built in server-restart function?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Windows and Linux require external means to send messages to players and in the time intervals restart the server, how about a platform independent function integrated into Exile?

• Yes, I want an integrated server-restart functionality that locks the server 10 minutes before restart, and kicks players in good time to avoid gear loss, and then restarts properly.
    • No, I do not want an integrated server-restart functionality that locks the server 10 minutes before restart, and kicks players in good time to avoid gear loss, and then restarts properly.
    • Third option, I prefer it to be another way (details in a response).

Question

8 answers to this question

You are best to use programs like BEC to restart the server as having it built into the mod can open you up to to shit fucking out on your server.

BEC does not work in Linux.

Advertisement

You are best to use programs like BEC to restart the server as having it built into the mod can open you up to to shit fucking out on your server.

BEC does not work in Linux.

#3 : Optional yes.

I won't use it since I have deploy scripts, logrotators and all kind of backup/cleanup scripts running at server restart (via BEC). But it would be nice for Linux players etc to have a server restart built-in yeah. Or a shutdown so they can sort the restart themselves.

Edited by NedFox

Advertisement