TBsThug

[CLOSED] NONSENSE WILL KILL A FORUM

12 posts in this topic

I started playing Arma over 3 years ago and to date I have on one account alone over 4000 hours. About 2 and a half years ago I started my first server...  Did not know the first thing about scripting. Now I have 11 server. If I would have done what some of you are saying and stopped hosting my server. I would not know what I know now. Which by the way is a hell of a lot more then I knew back then.

I have had people come to my team-speak and want me to do their work on their server. I simply tell them in that case if they have not played on my servers, why should I help them build their server. Then I tell them about the forums and this magic tool known as GOOGLE. There was this one guy and he would come to my TS and always had question. I would try to help him. It got to the point that I told him something someone told me a long time ago (btw im 56).  I will no longer give you the answer, BUT I will point you in the right direction. Guess what, he has never came back. Was someone that did not want to try. Now maybe he is looking though the forums.

The point I want to make is YES there are times that you would love to just take their INTERNET LICENSE away LOL, but remember how I was when you started. I know I got on peoples nerves. The thing is im not lazy. I love to learn. Once I have that knowledge I want to past it on. 

Past it on:  that is what will make this forum

Positive feed back from the leaders

Everyone that has learned something from this forum can help, you don't have to do it for them.

Just try when all else fails remember: POINT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

I'm sorry that I went on, but I started off trying to find a replacement for A3XAI. Then all I was seeing was so much native feed back.

Edited by TBsThug

Some people on this forum have an attitude of  "People will bitch and bother me so i don't release or contribute" or "Figure it out yourself, don't ask on the forums". 

Not everyone is as experienced, and they will ask questions they think are valid and hard to solve. Instead of ignoring those people and getting mad at them, change your perspective and teach others to do the same.

Edited by GR8
  • Like 2

Advertisement

Here here. Nobody learned anything through osmosis. Pass on what you learn. You never know, the person you help may make the next greatest mod. Or the next greatest game. We all started somewhere.

• Like 1

Most people releasing stuff don't mind answering questions as long as the person asking the question has bothered to read the install instructions properly and not just dived straight in and ignored everything.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MrWhite said:

In this forum here is a lot of passion from the modmakers or community owners. I dont know where your problem is coming from.

You saying I have a problem is a problem. I just let you know what I found when trying to get an answer.

Advertisement