Pixmaip

Unable to connect with RCON

Question

Hi everyone.

I know there are a lot of existing threads about that subject: I read and tried all of them. But I still can't get my RCON to work.

First of all, I am running a Linux server (Ubuntu 15.04) so: NOT Windows. The RCON password is set in the BEServer.cfg in /serverroot/battleye/. The same password is set in the repacked exile_server_config.pbo and in the config.cfg. My startup script contains the option "-bepath=[path-to-battleye]" (this path is also correct). I double-checked everything I just said.

The server is perfectly running, I can join and play on it. Battleye is running (the console is showing it, and I can get kicked for using non-authorized scripts). I tried to connect with a ton of different RCON tools like EPM, DaRT, MsRcon... even locally from a python script (as all of the RCON tools are Windows-only) and it didn't work. Here's some of the errors:

Connection failed for server : [servername]
Couldn't connect to server!
2016-03-13 13:11:50,344 INFO Connecting to 127.0.0.1:2302 #1
2016-03-13 13:11:50,344 DEBUG Sending login information
2016-03-13 13:12:00,355 ERROR Socket timeout: timed out
[2016-03-13 | 12:53:55] Failed to connect. Please make sure that you properly set a password in beserver.cfg and the server is running.

I know these errors are not really helping but this is the only thing I have.

I spent the last 3 hours (and the entire last night) searching the internet for clues, but after all this time, still nothing.

Can you help me find a solution?

Thanks to you all,

Pixmaip.

Edited by Pixmaip

16 answers to this question

You don't need the -bepath, if you are using -profiles=.... then your battleye path should be inside of the folder named ...., inside of that battleye folder, make sure you create a BEServer.cfg:

RConPassword CHANGEME
MaxPing 600

This should resolve your issue.

• Like 1

So I tried the -profiles=XXX option. It created a folder named XXX in my server root but not a battleye folder. So I created a battleye folder in which I added my BEServer.cfg, with the proper RCON password. But still nothing, impossible to connect with any of the RCON tools.

Advertisement

I already removed -bepath and I tried the -name=XXX option, still nothing.

I'm starting to think that I'm not using the right tool to connect to the RCON. What tool are you using (or you know would work) ?

Advertisement