Higgins909

[CLOSED] Forum's software is terrible!

18 posts in this topic

I would like to say this forum software is terrible.  It's a fight to use anytime I enter any code or spoiler.  I've put a few of my rpt logs here and just now it didn't like my latest one and I spend about 5 minutes rage figuring that crap out...  When I also inserted my rpt, the reply box thing got super wide and made things  way worse to edit.  Then there is the very annoying way that the spoilers and code are added... That script stuff is very annoying. The ol good n reliable and fast and easy

works way better.  Then there is the also very annoying new line.  Instead of 1 new line it puts down about 2-3 new lines, making the text look really messy.

Like look at that??? I have 0 idea what I typed to do that...  I understand the code part that I kinda did, but since there is 0 code in it, why did it even post a block, then there is the weird as heck scroll line under it.

Advertisement

I think the forum is fine, a massive improvement from the early forum system and cant say I've encountered any issues that you say are a problem for you mate. 

ubuntu forums is to me, the idea forum software.

When I press enter, it doesn't double enter, when you want to enter code its real easy, either press the code button or type the [====code===]

[===/code===]  yeah i made it look weird but this software here would probably make another weird bar like in post one if I did it normally.

To me this software is over complicated and over scripted.  This is like me again with car websites turning into tablet websites that don't tell you the stuff that the old sites did...  Entering code is slow or really anything that you have to hit the buttons for.  Then to type after you put down a code block is way more difficult then it need be.

@Boxman80 Right there you double entered, even tho you didn't want to most likely...  It makes text look really cluttered and ugly.

@ka0sI wasn't really taking about this for other devices... I would rather run to a computer with a real keyboard then try to use my phone or a tablet.

4 hours ago, Higgins909 said:

@Boxman80 Right there you double entered, even tho you didn't want to most likely...  It makes text look really cluttered and ugly.

Double entered what? It looks absolutely fine to me... you got any screen shot to show us what you mean? sounds like it could be an issue with your set up maybe?  

I like this software so much I switched from phpBB3 to it for my own forums. Entering spoilers and code is easy. Hit the Spoilers button and it creates a "Spoiler box". Then, click in the "Spoiler box" and click the code button to insert your code in the spoiler. 

Advertisement