zombietop

Deploy Bike?!

20 posts in this topic

same,  the one that was being used was discontinued from what I can tell.

Anyone have a working version they can post?  I see it still working on many servers, so there is one available.  Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

i still have 1 and it uses the double click radio but is highly customizable

Make a sqf file called deploybike.sqf and place it in map  custom  if dont have 1 make 1 can be handy

Spoiler

deploybike.sqf

if !((vehicle player) isEqualTo player) exitWith {};

//We check if we have money for that
if ("ItemRadio" in assignedItems player) then
{
    if(!ExilePlayerInSafezone) then
    {
        titleText ["", "PLAIN DOWN"];    
        player removeAction DeployBikeAction;
        player unlinkItem "ItemRadio";
        player playActionNow "Medic";
        _spawnPos = player modelToWorld [0,2,0];
        _spawnDir = (getDir player) -90;
        do_MakeBike = [player, _spawnPos, _spawnDir];
        uiSleep 3;
        publicVariableServer "do_MakeBike";
        uiSleep 1;
        ["<t size = '.8'>BIKE DEPLOYED</t>",0,0,2,0.5] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;
        systemchat("Bike deployed");
    }
    else
    {
        ["<t size = '.8'>Can't deploy bikes in safe zones</t>",0,0,2,0.5] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;
        systemchat("Can't deploy bikes in safe zones");
    };
}
else
{
    ["<t size = '.8'>Deploying a bike requires having a radio equipped</t>",0,0,2,0.5] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;
    systemchat("Deploying a bike requires having a radio equipped");
};

than go to init.sqf ( or make a init.sqf)

Spoiler

if (isDedicated || isServer) then
{
    "do_MakeBike" addPublicVariableEventHandler
    {
        _parameters = (_this select 1);
        _parameters2  =(_parameters select 1);
        diag_log format ["createVehicleRequested %1 ", _parameters];
        veh = createVehicle["Exile_Bike_MountainBike", _parameters2 , [] ,0 , "NONE"];
    };
};

put it in your MP mission file not server files re PBO it and you good to go 

maybe i'll share my one if enough people ask for it... has anti dupe protections, options to enable respect tiers (changes what vehicle you get at what respect level - just as a once of gift per restart - and once you use it you can only spawn a bike from then on), if you dont pack up your bike/vehicle you cant spawn another one until it is either destroyed or server restarts (even if you die!!! - prevents bikes being left everywehre on the map) and more....

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, happydayz said:

maybe i'll share my one if enough people ask for it... has anti dupe protections, options to enable respect tiers (changes what vehicle you get at what respect level - just as a once of gift per restart - and once you use it you can only spawn a bike from then on), if you dont pack up your bike/vehicle you cant spawn another one until it is either destroyed or server restarts (even if you die!!! - prevents bikes being left everywehre on the map) and more....

This sounds beautiful. I finally got one to work but still learning a lot about scripting. Have learned a lot in the past 4 days since I started this project, but have much more to learn. 

Currently, mine just checks for X item in inventory, if it is there, it lets you spawn a bike and takes the item out. If its not, no bike. And I have it running through the XM8 app. Pretty simple. I would really like to get my hands on what you have Happy  =) 

Edited by zombietop

27 minutes ago, happydayz said:

sounds like a great script i wouldn't mind if you shared it, i've been trying to make some1 like this just didn't had the brains for ( stil havent got the brains for it)

On 2/25/2016 at 5:29 AM, happydayz said:

Yes please!  sounds amazing.

On 25/2/2016 at 8:29 AM, happydayz said:

That could be nice!

On 25/2/2016 at 2:29 PM, happydayz said:

Ohhhh, would love to have a look at that, might be something I can incorporate into my W.I.P. project :)

Advertisement