mudduck

Al Rayak vanilla server

9 posts in this topic

Here is my vanilla Al Rayak server files, they include almost everything you need to get it working, You will need CUP Terrains core, that can be added through the steam workshop then copied over to your server folder, just remember to rename it to  @CUP_Terrains_Core because the way steam names it, there are spaces, but DO NOT rename the original folders steam downloads to your original location.

next you need to add the al rayak map to your server as well, of course copy the keys over for both the map and cup terrains core to your server keys folder.

Now hopefully you already have a vanilla altis server running and you know how to edit your config files. take the Exile.pja310.pbo out of the mpmisson folder of my download, and copy it to your sever mpmisson folder. then you can take the @exile server folder from my download and replace the one in your server folder.

Now comes the part were you have to work a little,  edit the config.cgf file as well as your extdb-conf inside the @exileserver folder to match the info on your original server, including server name, password and such. I even included an exile auto start batch file that I used to start my server. Now if you only want the loot spawn config, it is a separate .h file in the exile_server_config .pbo, if you look at the config.cpp in the exile_server_config.pbo you will see the line, ( #include "CfgBuildings_AlRayak.h" ) and were I put it in the config.cpp. basically you are telling the config.cpp to also look at the CfgBuildings_AlRayak.h file for loot positions, so you dont have to mess with the config, and just add new loot positions as you need without worrying about messing up the original file. basically this is how spearhaed has theirs set up, I just copied the way they did it.

Here is the link for these files, and I hope they work fine for you.

I don't know if you will like how I configured the loot, but I make a few choices about what spawns were, like in the mosques, I have military loot spawning, just because military bases are far and few between on this large map, you can always change their loot class if you want it different.

I also upped the loot placement, the loot script I had would sometimes have only 3 positions in a multi level building, to me that is not enough, I have put enough positions in some buildings so if you have you loot spawn config to only spawn no more than 3 or 4 loot positions per building, and the building has 10 or more positions, then you will have to search the entire building for loot, not just the bottom floor.  there was almost no industrial loot, so I added loot to the top of the big fuel tanks, and well as other places, basically if you can get on a roof, you might want to check for loot.

Let me know how it works for you, but remember I am a noob at this, so I might not be able to answer a question if you cannot get it working, but I will try.

Edited by mudduck
spelling fix

Advertisement
25 minutes ago, Falcon911 said:

Your welcome...Can I suggest that you all just update the github... 

The CFGbuildings does need updated and I thank you for updating that. 

https://github.com/Falcon911/spearhead-exile

Spearhead Gaming Lead Admin

I really do have to thank the spearhead team, because without your files, I would have been lost at doing the loot. and I never would have thought to make it a seperate file either,

there might be one or two building I might have missed, and If I find them I will update my loot positions to reflect that,

@mudduck haya, i used your loot config but i cant figure out why vehicles are showed on map with orange circles. Any ideas how can i remove that ?Ty

P.S. Thanks for shared info. Appreciate it

Never mind i figured out

Edited by fau5tz

On 3/19/2016 at 9:53 AM, fau5tz said:

@mudduck haya, i used your loot config but i cant figure out why vehicles are showed on map with orange circles. Any ideas how can i remove that ?Ty

P.S. Thanks for shared info. Appreciate it

Never mind i figured out

i see you fixed it, but sorry i forgot to set that back to 0, sorry again, i was testing spawns and forgot to turn it off

13 minutes ago, mudduck said:

i see you fixed it, but sorry i forgot to set that back to 0, sorry again, i was testing spawns and forgot to turn it off

yerrrr... i figured it out...

Advertisement