Jckz (Youtube)

CBA causing Bambi Creation Error

31 posts in this topic

Advertisement
22 hours ago, Jerry_ said:

We've never had an issue with CBA, never had to do anything to get it running smooth, just some BE filters.

John is correct, It is a well known fact that CBA and Exile don't play well together due to differences in the code for 'onPlayerConnected/Disconnected'. This causes database issues. CBA + Exile also introduces security risks from what I have read and been told by others.

Until its been confirmed fixed my advise would be the same as John. Just bin CBA and any mods that require it then use ASDG Joint Rails stand alone for weapon scopes and attachments instead.

Quote from Killswitch...

The reason it appears that CBA "breaks" Exile is that CBA uses the stacked event system and the BIS stacked event system makes use of the onPlayerConnected andonPlayerDisconnected commands to handle the stacking system.

When Exile starts, it actually disables the BIS stacked event system, which, as mentioned, CBA needs. CBA calls theBIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler (for the onPlayerConencted event) after Exile has initialized, which restores the BIS system and, at the same time, disables the Exile onPlayerConnected event handler. The account creation step happens in the Exile onPlayerConnected handler which is disabled whenBIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler"restores the order", so to speak. That's why the account isn't created.

The solution to the problem is for Exile to change theExileServer_system_process_preInit.sqf file to use the BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandlercommand to hook into theonPlayerConnected andonPlayerDisconnected events instead of calling onPlayerConnected andonPlayerDisconnected directly. That way, the Exile mod will work not only with CBA but with all other mods and missions that make use of the new system:

Instead of

onPlayerConnected {[_uid, _name] call ExileServer_system_network_event_onPlayerConnected};
onPlayerDisconnected {[_uid, _name] call ExileServer_system_network_event_onPlayerDisconnected};

they could use

["ExileOPC", "onPlayerConnected", {[_uid, _name] call ExileServer_system_network_event_onPlayerConnected}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;
["ExileOPD", "onPlayerDisconnected", 

Hey guys,

disclaimer: I am new to the Exile server scene.

I too am having the "Bambi Creation" issue when using CBA. I've already looked into the DB solutions posted else where which did not resolve the issue. I'd really like to get this resolved as a handful of mods that I'd like to include on our server require CBA (Hollows Vehicle Pack, and almost all CUP mods).

F1Schu, your post above mentions a quote from Killswitch that identifies the problem and potential solution. Is this something that server admins can implement or is this something that only the Exile devs can do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisement