donniepcgames

Vehicles are pointless if they cannot be hidden

8 posts in this topic

I have noticed that vehicles can no longer be parked inside of bases. For a long time while playing Exile, I was able to buy a vehicle and park it inside my base. Now... every time I play Exile, I leave the server and when I come back my vehicle is gone. I discovered that a few trolls on the server are just flying armed helicopters around and blowing up every vehicle they see.

This has made the concept of purchasing vehicles entirely pointless. If I can't secure my purchased vehicle inside of my base, there's no point in even bothering to own one. I might as well just wander around and find a spawned vehicle and use it until server reset.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, donniepcgames said:

I discovered that a few trolls on the server are just flying armed helicopters around and blowing up every vehicle they see.

find a " real exilemod" server where they dont have armed helicopters ... 

Edited by ShootingBlanks
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, ShootingBlanks said:

This is a good point. Even worse... I can't buy explosives or launchers to combat the chopper. I need to find a new server.

4 hours ago, ShootingBlanks said:

^ This man needs a cookie :rock:

• Like 1

Why can't you park inside your base ? Vehicles Blow Up ?

Helpful Hints -

Park on grass - Arma didn't put in vehicles to park on floors - so don't use wood on the "ground" floor !

Build your "Garage" 2 Stories high before there is a ceiling - Vehicles spawn above the ground , this avoids contact damage on spawn .

Vehicles face north and spin to their last known position on spawn in , So , Park vehicles in a manner that , if a pin was put through the middle and it was spun , it would touch nothing - this also avoids contact damage on spawn

If you follow these hints , and build smart ( fortify ) , I predict your stolen vehicle will last many resets :)

7 hours ago, ShootingBlanks said:

Why , someone else corner the market on armed heli's ? This convict steals one every chance he gets ....

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, Goblin said:

Why can't you park inside your base ? Vehicles Blow Up ?

Helpful Hints -

Park on grass - Arma didn't put in vehicles to park on floors - so don't use wood on the "ground" floor !

Build your "Garage" 2 Stories high before there is a ceiling - Vehicles spawn above the ground , this avoids contact damage on spawn .

Vehicles face north and spin to their last known position on spawn in , So , Park vehicles in a manner that , if a pin was put through the middle and it was spun , it would touch nothing - this also avoids contact damage on spawn

If you follow these hints , and build smart ( fortify ) , I predict your stolen vehicle will last many resets :)

Why , someone else corner the market on armed heli's ? This convict steals one every chance he gets ....

This worked. I had never seen this advice previously. Thank you!

Advertisement