BetterDeadThanZed

CUP Terrains

32 posts in this topic

Well, apparently in the last couple of days an update for CUP Terrains has been released. Even though the terrains were not dependent on the core files before, they now are. What I'm confused about is in a3launcher, under the "Mods" section, there's all the parts of the CUP mod, but not the core files. 

I'm wondering - if my players just download the CUP Terrains from a3launcher (I don't use any of the other CUP mods), is that all they need to play? If you click on the "Website" link, it takes you to a Steam workshop page for CUP Terrains - Maps and it says you need the core package so that would lead me to believe that when you download CUP Terrains from a3launcher, it doesn't have the core package but if you don't have the core package on a3launcher, that's going to make it more difficult for players to join the server since so many people rely on it to load the required mods.

Thanks for any replies! :)

Ok, I've been checking some stuff out and I understand it better but there's still an issue. 

First off, a3launcher will now get mods from Steam workshop if they are on there. In the case of CUP Terrains, clicking on Subscribe next to CUP Terrains in a3launcher will subscribe you to CUP Terrains  - Maps. You still have to manually subscribe to CUP Terrains - Core through Steam/Arma 3's launcher. Even then, when I try to join my server with a3launcher, which has the CUP Terrains - Complete uploaded on it, CUP Terrains - Core fails to load. I can connect to my server just fine if I use Arma 3's launcher. Am I unable to use CUP Terrains - Complete on my server if I want people to be able to join via a3launcher?

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

Advertisement

We have it working. We tested two ways of installing client side:

1. Subscribing to Steam Workshop and launching with the Arma 3 Launcher (not the A3Launcher)

2. Downloading from the CUP webpage and joining via A3Launcher. (Set Paramaters and might need to verify)

Both are working just fine. At the Steam Workshop its just one subscription for the CUPS Terrains. 

Idk about installing it through A3Launcher, we had issues with it so dunno my man. If you need help send me a message!

6 minutes ago, Sixz said:

We have it working. We tested two ways of installing client side:

1. Subscribing to Steam Workshop and launching with the Arma 3 Launcher (not the A3Launcher)

2. Downloading from the CUP webpage and joining via A3Launcher. (Set Paramaters and might need to verify)

Both are working just fine. At the Steam Workshop its just one subscription for the CUPS Terrains. 

Idk about installing it through A3Launcher, we had issues with it so dunno my man. If you need help send me a message!

A3launcher only subscribes you to Maps. You have to manually subscribe to Core if you use a3launcher.

Right now I have my server running CUP Terrains Complete (@CUP_Terrains). I am going to upload Maps and Core and change my command line to load those instead to see if that allows me to connect via a3launcher.

5 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

A3launcher only subscribes you to Maps. You have to manually subscribe to Core if you use a3launcher.

Right now I have my server running CUP Terrains Complete (@CUP_Terrains). I am going to upload Maps and Core and change my command line to load those instead to see if that allows me to connect via a3launcher.

I think a simple message to @maca134 might be enough to get it updated? I do feel like its a trouble for playes connecting without the use of A3Launcher!

I just uploaded Core and Maps to my server, changed my command line for those instead of @CUP_Terrains and joined and a3launcher still isn't loading CUP Core. Those of you running CUP Terrains, can you please tell me how your players are joining via a3launcher?

additional parameters -mod=@CUPwhateverIsMissing; in a3launcher and set the mod but beware, it doesnt like spaces.

this change in a3l is understandable but annoying, specially for admins. and yes, core is simply missing right now and i bet this will be fixed rather sooner than later. now its all manually done till core is in a3l. this thing seems all borked if your server with the old full terrains is still listed. it shouldnt as the folder name is different to the old one. and when running your server with core its an unsupported mod and shouldnt be listed either. weird this is O.o

well, the stock arma launcher works just fine and i personally wouldnt ever rely on a3l with all its changes and unsupported mods.

i replaced the old terrains 1.0 with the core and maps mod becuase bugfixes and working ponds/swamps, dont keep the old crap.

43 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I just uploaded Core and Maps to my server, changed my command line for those instead of @CUP_Terrains and joined and a3launcher still isn't loading CUP Core. Those of you running CUP Terrains, can you please tell me how your players are joining via a3launcher?

is your server starting? if yes, could you please share how you did this? 

i also uploaded terrain and core today, changed my commandline and all i get since this is:

18:28:59 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Chernarus_Summer_Config' requires addon 'CUP_Chernarus_Summer_Data'

for you a3l-issue i cant help you as i am only using arma-browser.sorry.

edit: this is my commandline:

-Server -config=Server.cfg -mod=@Exile -servermod@ExileServer -config=@ExileServer\config.cfg -mod=@Exile;@Mark;@Heli;@CUP_weapons;@ASDG_JR;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Terrains_Core -servermod=@exileserver; -autoinit -cfg=Basic.cfg -port=2302 -ip=176.57.184.44 -profiles=D:\TCAFiles\Users\ThomasM\969\ -download -logFile=Server.log -noSound -noCB -nosplash -noPause

Edited by ez3kiel
too dumb

-mod=@Exile;@HVP;@CBA_A3;@NATO_Rus_Weapons;@TRYK;@Exile_AiA_Building_Addon;@JBAD_Buildings;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Terrains;@TavianaA3; -autoinit

this is mine, @cup_terrains on this one is a renamed @CUP Terrains Core.

running just fine (on taviana)

• Like 1

Advertisement