thegoon84

A reason to kill people.

22 posts in this topic

In a nutshell -

* Bring back banks

* Implement "clan bank accounts" which take 10% (or what ever the leader sets) from all members sales and stored in a Base bank account (CLAN ATM)

* Add a tool ( laptop) to "hack" ATM that take up to 5mins to work that steals 10% of the value in account,  with a cool down of 48 hours

* increases risk of travelling to  Buy high end gear.  

These days I don't even bother to loot players I kill as 1) I can't carry their weapon 2) they have nothing I cant get anywhere else and have no world value to search them. The 100+ respect is also pointless as I can earn 10times that by selling items.

You've created an amazing mod, yet have not grasped the fear value of losing everything. Raiding bases doesn't yield much, you can't ever steal and keep someone's car as it locks on respawn and sells for half the value. What is the point in PVP?  

As much as the pop tabs stored in your xm8 is great. It does make the game easier, less risky and bambish. Tbh sometimes I think playing wastelands would be more rewarding. Right now it's edging toward a gathering/building sim... With a chance of PvP

MY IDEA - scrap the pop tabs perma stored on you. Bring back the days of withdrawals to buy kit... 

Bring in a series of town banks. Some in safe zones aka your central bank. Bring back the risk of drawing 400,000 out to buy an attack heli.. Make money worth something again. Allow AI to. Spawn with money.

BEST BIT - Allow Base owners to construct a "mini bank" which  is stored at Base and has a limit. Add a new tool which allows Base raiders to steal 10% of the bank balance in a 48 hour window.

To expand further, if and when clans get implemented add a tax ratio on members which takes 10% of all sales and goes into a central clan bank account, which can be used to purchase high end gear without all the "you got way more than me attitude".... This way everyone puts their fair share in. 

Edited by thegoon84
  • Like 5

Advertisement

i never found the fear factor again after exile was released because we stopped playing epoch and because of that i stopped farming in arma like a freak the whole day. 

so thats a good thing and a bad thing :D

no but seriously, it would be cool to play with all ur friends the whole weekend again to raid or farm the whole night unique stuff in military zones/industrials.

because there u could farm endless cinderblocks buckets ghillies and snipers to actually STORE it, in exile ur arsenal is the bank account ^^

but i still looking forward to exile because of what they created in that short time, theyre fkng OP scripter and theyre not finished :swear:

• Like 1

Yeah, would be a nice feature. I myself added RHS mod and am in the process of making some high end weapons and ammo VERY RARE and not purchasable in the traders to help give a reason to stalk and kill another player. Many other ways to do it as well. I have an AI island that I am in the process of finishing that spawns ONLY the good stuff. Mines, Grenades, Zip Ties. Ect......

I also turned the Homie and Raid values way up to promote base raids and defenses.

Edited by gmctyphoon92

I like this to, in combination with traders only selling the bare essentials, it could bring back the fun in Exile again. As of now im reinstalling A2.

The main reason is to play Namalsk, but also to get some tension back in gaming :P

• Like 1

The problem isn't that there isn't enough reason to kill people. In my opinion. People kill each other, reason or no reason. Instead of rewarding them for it, how about rewarding cooperation, or saving somebody from bleeding out? Or saving a stranger from an uneven firefight. Or give the solo player career path, etc. - this is a challenge to any addon, script- or mod-maker out there for ARMA. If you can add some functionality that makes people hesitate, or even avoid pulling the trigger everytime another player you didn't know came running. Then that in and of itself would benefit the game more than any "loot all ze poptabs".

Make the game more psychological, more shades of grey instead of "I'm a bandit or a hero". Even when killing someone is the best option, it should still come with a bad aftertaste. 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2015 at 1:55 PM, thegoon84 said:

In a nutshell -

* Bring back banks

* Implement "clan bank accounts" which take 10% (or what ever the leader sets) from all members sales and stored in a Base bank account (CLAN ATM)

* Add a tool ( laptop) to "hack" ATM that take up to 5mins to work that steals 10% of the value in account,  with a cool down of 48 hours

* increases risk of travelling to  Buy high end gear.  

These days I don't even bother to loot players I kill as 1) I can't carry their weapon 2) they have nothing I cant get anywhere else and have no world value to search them. The 100+ respect is also pointless as I can earn 10times that by selling items.

You've created an amazing mod, yet have not grasped the fear value of losing everything. Raiding bases doesn't yield much, you can't ever steal and keep someone's car as it locks on respawn and sells for half the value. What is the point in PVP?  

As much as the pop tabs stored in your xm8 is great. It does make the game easier, less risky and bambish. Tbh sometimes I think playing wastelands would be more rewarding. Right now it's edging toward a gathering/building sim... With a chance of PvP

MY IDEA - scrap the pop tabs perma stored on you. Bring back the days of withdrawals to buy kit... 

Bring in a series of town banks. Some in safe zones aka your central bank. Bring back the risk of drawing 400,000 out to buy an attack heli.. Make money worth something again. Allow AI to. Spawn with money.

BEST BIT - Allow Base owners to construct a "mini bank" which  is stored at Base and has a limit. Add a new tool which allows Base raiders to steal 10% of the bank balance in a 48 hour window.

To expand further, if and when clans get implemented add a tax ratio on members which takes 10% of all sales and goes into a central clan bank account, which can be used to purchase high end gear without all the "you got way more than me attitude".... This way everyone puts their fair share in. 

Vehicles don't lock on restarts!! nor dose anything else thats lockable, this is NOT A3 E-FLOP lol

6 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

loVehicles don't lock on restarts!! nor dose anything else thats lockable, this is NOT A3 E-FLOP lol

Every server I've played on have locked on restart 

Edited by thegoon84

3 hours ago, thegoon84 said:

Every server I've played on have locked on restart 

not a single server i've played

Edited by Sgt Smash

If vehicles and objects lock on restart, the server has been modified.

Anyway, if the servers are too easy, build a server that is a challenge. Stock Exile caters to a certain type of non-survival type player.

Advertisement