DrPervySage

Host Havoc how to set map

Question

I am lost atm i cant figure out how to set the map and how to add other mods the server had an auto install for exile and that is the only thing i have atm if anyone has any suggestions that would be great

16 answers to this question

To change which map you're using you first need to find or make a mission.pbo for the map. Having done that you should head over to:

@ExileServer\config.cfg

This is what you want to change

class Missions
{
	class Exile
	{
		template = Exile.Altis;
		difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
	}; 
};

For example you want to use Chernarus?

template = Exile.Chernarus

Esseker?

template = Exile.Esseker

And so on...

To launch the server with different mods, you need to change the startup parameters of your server.

start "Arma3" /high arma3server.exe "-mod=@exile;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Ryanzombies;@mas;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@ASDG_JR;@TRYK;" -servermod=@exileserver_Chernarus;@asm; -config=C:\a3server\@exileserver_Chernarus\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=CH -cfg=C:\a3server\@exileserver_Chernarus\basic.cfg -name= -autoinit -maxMem=8192 -exThreads=8 -enableHT -loadMissionToMemory

There's an example of what you would add to your start parameters in order to run a server with  @exile;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Ryanzombies;@mas;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@ASDG_JR;@TRYK;

You simply need to add a list of mods you want to run in the "-mod" sections, separating each mod with a ;

Note that you names you use in the list of mods for your start parameters must match the name of the folder for the mod.

For Example: "@Exile" cannot be changed to "@Exile-Lime"

Hope this helps. Don't forget to use the search function next time ;)

Edited by Taylor Swift
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

To change which map you're using you first need to find or make a mission.pbo for the map. Having done that you should head over to:

@ExileServer\config.cfg

This is what you want to change

class Missions
{
	class Exile
	{
		template = Exile.Altis;
		difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
	}; 
};

For example you want to use Chernarus?

template = Exile.Chernarus

Esseker?

template = Exile.Esseker

And so on...

To launch the server with different mods, you need to change the startup parameters of your server.

start "Arma3" /high arma3server.exe "-mod=@exile;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Ryanzombies;@mas;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@ASDG_JR;@TRYK;" -servermod=@exileserver_Chernarus;@asm; -config=C:\a3server\@exileserver_Chernarus\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=CH -cfg=C:\a3server\@exileserver_Chernarus\basic.cfg -name= -autoinit -maxMem=8192 -exThreads=8 -enableHT -loadMissionToMemory

There's an example of what you would add to your start parameters in order to run a server with  @exile;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Ryanzombies;@mas;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@ASDG_JR;@TRYK;

You simply need to add a list of mods you want to run in the "-mod" sections, separating each mod with a ;

Note that you names you use in the list of mods for your start parameters must match the name of the folder for the mod.

For Example: "@Exile" cannot be changed to "@Exile-Lime"

Hope this helps. Don't forget to use the search function next time ;)

Thats just the thing i have it set like that and it still isnt working and i did search a bit and information is a bit sparse on it and i already came across what you said and that didnt change anything for me 

Advertisement
4 hours ago, DrPervySage said:

i got it fixed :D

Good to hear! you didn't mention anything about trying and it not working, the way you worded it sounded like you was just wanting to know how to do it haha. Either way, glad you got things running :)

I'll never understand why these game server providers don't do this. If they charged extra to add these and other mods at a reasonable price they'd make way more money ( read not rip off artist like survival servers ) Should be a pain free process.

Edited by MarvellousOne
Spelling errors as usual.

7 hours ago, MarvellousOne said:

I'll never understand why these game server providers don't do this. If they charged extra to add these and other mods at a reasonable price that'd make way more money ( read not rip off artist like survival servers ) Should be a pain free process.

Don't give them any more ideas ;) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MarvellousOne said:

I'll never understand why these game server providers don't do this. If they charged extra to add these and other mods at a reasonable price that'd make way more money ( read not rip off artist like survival servers ) Should be a pain free process.

My company already has certain maps (and adding more) set for auto install for ease of use for our customers! Just hoping to set an industry standard with that (which I highly doubt. Everyone nowadays seems to go the survival servers route.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pople177 said:

My company already has certain maps (and adding more) set for auto install for ease of use for our customers! Just hoping to set an industry standard with that (which I highly doubt. Everyone nowadays seems to go the survival servers route.)

Well I would pay more. If it was say $40 a month for 50 slots then another $40 first month to add the mods you wanted I again would pay.

most people want to just host a server and pay and play. These server providers tho have yet to figure this out or are not yet properly motivated.

4 minutes ago, MarvellousOne said:

Well I would pay more. If it was say $40 a month for 50 slots then another $40 first month to add the mods you wanted I again would pay.

most people want to just host a server and pay and play. These server providers tho have yet to figure this out or are not yet properly motivated.

I know GTX used to run a monthly scripting service (it was complete garbage, I was a customer when that existed.) and SS is just over charging for scripts and not mods. Also, soon I plan on introducing a modding feature to our company where a customer would pay per say $20 a month and have whatever mod they wish installed instead of one time fee's, the service will run and update mods and so on, but the idea is still in development and may not even show up, who knows.

• Like 1

Advertisement