skya297

Helicopter Fuel Consumption

5 posts in this topic

Is it just me or are helicopters consuming mass quantities of fuel?  For example I fueled my helo in lakka and it used over 30 liters flying directly to teh terminal?  Anyone notice this?

No, that's normal. You just notice it less on the big ones with more than 1000l of fuel until you drop below 1k. But seriously, what's the problem? There are plenty of gas stations around to fill up for free, even with the Hummingbird it shouldn't be a problem to get anywhere, return and fill up. Also helis seem to use the most fuel taking off. So if you do only short hops and land again the fuel consumption might be even higher.

Edit: Just out of curiosity I looked up the specs for a 4-seater Bell which would be about the size of the Orca. 821L of fuel for a maximum endurance of 4.5hours. This works out pretty fine in the mod, what with the faster in-game clock and all.

Edited by JASN_DE

Advertisement

Not all servers run a faster or sped up clock, some operate "real time". Also, some play on VERY large maps with large distances between gas stations. Some choppers on our server are simply never used anymore because of the fuel issue (looking at you Hellcat). I love the Hellcat, but when playing on Australia map getting from one end of the map to the other is possible but only if you don't make any detours. And you'd better have fuel at your destination.

When ground vehicles "sip" fuel (you can go a month between fuel stops), but smaller tank choppers can't go 10 minutes without fuel, there's a problem. Seriously, either slow their rate of fuel burn or tie their rate to the server's time scaling (and do the same for ground vehicles).

Edited by :]v[: Assassin

On 4. maaliskuuta 2016 at 1:53 PM, [OMG]Slim said:

There was an overwrite somwhere on forums to slow down fuelusage me thinks.... (im looking ofr it myself now)

Have you found it?

Struggling with this issue as well. 1st person only server with the advanced flight model and refueling becomes ridiculously difficult. Especially when you have to do it every 5–10 minutes. 

Advertisement