mAdnuss

What Makes Exile so Special ?

27 posts in this topic

In my opinion Exile brought a lot of hype back to arma 3 because for a while there was nothing that was really worth putting in the hours to and i love everything about it so i was wondering what makes exile so special to all of you guys. Is it the base building,the story behind it,pvp whatever what makes you keep coming back over and over again to this mod also why do you think it became so popular all of a sudden.

59 minutes ago, mAdnuss said:

In my opinion Exile brought a lot of hype back to arma 3 because for a while there was nothing that was really worth putting in the hours to and i love everything about it so i was wondering what makes exile so special to all of you guys. Is it the base building,the story behind it,pvp whatever what makes you keep coming back over and over again to this mod also why do you think it became so popular all of a sudden.

For me it's the ability to change ANYTHING within a server. Also the DEV team, always checking in on what players want to see within the mod and then making the changes if they fit. Along with the dedication of course.

Edited by Taylor Swift
  • Like 4

Advertisement

Exile base building, no zombies, assets management and good future intentions.

Downside I'd say too easy unless loot is limited server side and no "banking system" in place like Epoch has.

But overall, good stuff.

To me it's the variety of ways that the game can be played. The customization speaks to that end. You can loot, pve, pvp, base raid, stalk, grief. You can spend hours obtaining something and then lose it instantly when someone shoots you, or you crash not paying attention. (Or the server gets wiped (;  )

• Like 1

Its also different from Breaking Point.  I have played breaking point for almost a year now and where BP brings in heavy point gain and class interaction Exile brings in heavy emphasis on items.  in BP it didnt really matter what items you had when you die as long as you progressed. (excluding of course M107's and czechs) but in Exile those items you have actually matter really make the game.

For me, the draws of Exile are:

• A great Dev team that not only cares, but puts out great product and interacts with their community
  • Customization - the ability of the server owner to adjust just about everything to opt in/out of so many features
  • Building system that actually works and makes sense - it is easy to use, can be used to make elaborate structures (with even more functionality and options coming in the future)

29 minutes ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

For me, the draws of Exile are:

• A great Dev team that not only cares, but puts out great product and interacts with their community
  • Customization - the ability of the server owner to adjust just about everything to opt in/out of so many features
  • Building system that actually works and makes sense - it is easy to use, can be used to make elaborate structures (with even more functionality and options coming in the future)

Ditto, made me actually want to play arma again after a year long break

41 minutes ago, Defent said:

I love the zombies that are in Exile, really makes it feel like the Frankie videos!

Zombies are not part of exile LOL you can put them in Epoch as well.. and I personally think they suck .. lag out the ass ... Ive actually have been playing a2 again .. tired of everything broke all the time from bis, and others 

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

Advertisement