Pmba79

Steam ?

12 posts in this topic

Are you lads trying to get Exile on Steam ?
It would make it alot more acceseble to alot of players and easier to update..
The A3 launcher is so crappy.. :(

Advertisement

Are the developers looking for eventual monetary gain from this mod? I don't really see a con to having it on steam. The number of users adding this mod would increase drastically.  How literal is  "Gabe will own it"? 

• Like 1

Its not even money aspect of it. If you spend so much time and blood to make a good mod you dont want to just give it to someone else right?

3 hours ago, Pmba79 said:

The A3 launcher is so crappy.. :(

Care to elaborate?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, [OMG]Slim said:

Its not even money aspect of it. If you spend so much time and blood to make a good mod you dont want to just give it to someone else right?

There are countless amazing mods for Arma, Skyrim and other games on Steam Workshop and I never looked at the owners of those mods to be Valve Corp. If I put large amounts of blood, sweat and tears into a mod, I would want to get it into the hands of any many people as possible. Maybe I am missing the 'evil' of the workshop especially since Bohemia uses it. 

Edit: Wouldn't the determination of ownership, if it ever came down to it, go to Bohemia Interactive?

Edited by Omen

Well like i said, there is a lot of angles to it, atm i think what would pose a problem is donations which mod devs receive on twitch and website, at this point Steam could start interesting in this, and since it is not enough for them to be able to put in more hours after steam takes over theyre left with nothing and have to get jobs = dont spend time on devingxD. I am no expert on this, i can only speculate, but ask yourself, how do they get ALL these sales on with 75% 50% off. its really makes me wonder...

Edited by [OMG]Slim

12 hours ago, [OMG]Slim said:

Care to elaborate?

Yes, I have tried using it to get exile, but then it fucks up some of my other mods..
So I'm not gonna use that crap again..

Edited by Pmba79

On 12/13/2015 at 10:16 AM, Pmba79 said:

Yes, I have tried using it to get exile, but then it fucks up some of my other mods..

MODS get corrupted one way or other, launcher hasnt got anything to do with that, unless you just dont know how to use it, which will give the same effect with Steam launcher, and anything for that matter. I used Launcher since Exile came out, not had a single issue with it and we were running 12-14 different mods. Thumbs up for Exile not being transfered to the Workshop!!!

Advertisement