DRINK_Boomstic

SPMG/Navid removed by default in RC

24 posts in this topic

What maniac decided this was a good idea?
It would be understandable if other guns had also been classified as "OP" not just the SPMG/Navid.

What about the Lynx? MAR-10? Cyrus?

Why the specific hate for the SPMG and Navid?

Edited by DRINK_Boomstic
  • Like 1

Well, we had removed them already before this update/RC on our server..

Navid is way to OP as you really don't need any skill with this weapon..Almost the same for the SPMG. But i agree, that the Lynx, Mar-10 and Cyrus are also way to op.

Nevertheless the Mar-10 and Cyrus at least need two to three shots to kill a player now with the new hitpoint system and a good vest if you shoot on his chest..

Advertisement
5 minutes ago, Whiplash said:

I dont want to sound disrespectful toward the Dev team but why go butchering Arama 3? If a server owner wants to remove the weapons why can that not be on them. First it was nerfing the Nightstalker which ok that took some coding. Removing a weapon from the server is day one stuff, you dont know how to do that get out the control panel. Exile was suppose to be a framework. Out the gate that was suppose to be the big difference between this and Epoch. If these guys are not careful they will fall down the hole with Epoch. My favorite part of this mod is how they are looking at the smaller scripts being written such as custom Traders and dealing with Campers, adding those to the core of the mod. That is smart moves, taking stress away from admins trying to get those things to work. Removing things from traders and loot......as framework I dont see why they do it.

Although I can see your point about Exile being a framework and all but you've got to remember that there are some people that run Exile servers that might not have a clue what they're doing when it comes to editing PBO's and such, therefore I don't mind and agree with Exile Dev's removing certain guns as it makes the experience for these certain people a lot better as they're not being mowed down by a LMG that is literally a 'point and click' gun.

It caters for both parties, people that know what they're doing can add these guns back in 5 minutes if they so wish, people that don't know what they're doing can remain not knowing what they're doing and still have fun :)

• Like 1

its their mod they can do what they want, u can still add it.

first i was asking that myself too but then i understood that these guns are really too op.

i played with that weapons for a really long time, u oneshot them almost every time and u can snip really good too WITH silencers.

so why do we need snipers if we can just use weapons with 130-150 bullets and silencers ? just op.

i startet playing with other weapons more and its really hard to hit them 2-3 times in a row instead of the oneshot ez silencer allrounder weapons.

edit im sick of the close combat fights where the one wins first who just hit one bullet out of their 130/150 ones. 

u fall down and asked urself why u just died instantly.

and everyone who is against it just cant play with other weapons like me first after i switched the server because i was in love with that op stuff.

that weapons just dont bring exciting pvp.

Edited by Requzz

9 minutes ago, Panzer said:

lol another little whiney ass with no skillz this is getting funny

You're beginning to sound like a 12 year old, and you're right this is no 'skillz'.

Holding down the trigger - 700M away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGwr0bWOGA&feature=youtu.be

[Youtube Link is still buffering] 

Edited by Jawdan
  • Like 1

Don't forget the balancing they make in the game on a broader perspective...

SPMG/Navid:

- are a good defense against strider/hunter/ifrit roadkillers

- are a good counterweight for the Lynx

Instead of deleting them, you should make them more expensive?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Panzer said:

lol another little whiney ass with no skillz this is getting funny

lol u think i discuss with a flamerboy without arguments like u ? i just shared my opinion i dont need to explain it.

im not a keyboard warrior like u.

• Like 1

The SPMG and Navid are just commented out in the loot & trader configs.   We make the base mod what we want and then we make it SUPER easy for server owners to configure and modify it.   We also heavily listen to the community and try to provide them with as many options and features as we can. 

<3 Vish

• Like 6

If this one does not get back to normal i will close the thread. There is no need to get rude guys. People can also talk polite to each other!

Thanks

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HyFo said:

Don't forget the balancing they make in the game on a broader perspective...

SPMG/Navid:

- are a good defense against strider/hunter/ifrit roadkillers

- are a good counterweight for the Lynx

Instead of deleting them, you should make them more expensive?

they nerf the strider with 50 less armor :D but still u got mines and on some server rocket launcher, if u have one anti armor mine u  can just place them and lay down over it if u see or hear a armed vehicle and then happy allahu akbhar ^^ but if they wanna roadkill u with over like 70kmh u need 2 anti armor mines to blow them up.

Advertisement