Sign in to follow this  
ANTi

[SOLVED] Prices

5 posts in this topic

::Vest::

• Tactical Vest Cost 300, only has 36 armour. Other tactical vests cost 50, has 24 armour. Why would anyone ever buy the police armour?
  • Chest Rig 0 armour / 140 cap costs 20, Bandolier has 0 armour/ 80 cap, costs 30. Again why buy the Bandolier?

:: Backpacks ::

• Hunting pack is overpriced. 

:: Guns ::

• MX Series is overpriced, same damage as katiba no? yet katibas start at  150 vs MX starting at 350, 250 if you go for the LMG version which should be more expensive with that 100 round mag. 

:: Vehicles ::

• Why would you ever buy a 48k truck? Especially the one with the 50l gas tank . 

These are just some examples, in general I think the whole pricing system needs some attention before release. The prices for vehicles vs weapons also seems pretty imbalanced, I'm all for making it a bit harder to get vehicles but it got a bit crazy imo. 

-Anti

• Like 3

I agree that prices should be balanced all around before the release. We have balanced our own prices as best we can, but weapons and other gear need price increases to match the vehicle price levels. I'm fine with expensive vehicles, but the rest of the economy need to adjust too. The better balanced the vanilla Exile is, the less work for everyone. :)

Advertisement

In a perfect world I would agree, but right now I think the main effort is in getting something playable out there to the servers. Price adjustments can come in a later update (and can also be done by each server admin). Most are going to change the prices anyway to match their own pricing scheme.

And yes, there will always be some items that don't make sense to purchase, but you need them in the trader tables so people can sell the items if they find them as loot (even if no one would ever buy it).

• Like 3

Send me the config file for the RC with the vehicle price list. I'll balance the rest of the prices. :D

Actually, I'll be able to download it tomorrow. So no need to send it!

Edited by Spartan

Advertisement