37 members have voted

1. 1. Cooldowns

• 10 min
    • 15 min
    • 20 min
    • 25 min
    • 30 min

29 posts in this topic

Alright I have an idea for base raiding. Right now the current meta is extremely stale imo because of the fact that a lot of servers disabled the thermal scanner due to it being bugged or people mass duping it.

I'm proposing this idea to garner some attention/feedback and of course constructive criticism is always welcome.

So this is my idea:

Currently there is a few ideas floating around regarding this. Buy a lockpicking kit or maybe in the future "skills" can be introduced where you can choose a path sort of like Battlefield.

The idea I think would be awesome currently is say you break into someones base you should be given the ability to pick lock someones safe(You do not get the code only access to the safe for 30 min?) by doing some sort of animation for 10 min while your m8's defend you. The way to counter offline base raiding is to only allow base raiding if someone from their group is online(Must be promoted in their territory to allow building).

Awesome! Would like to see this. But this should be polled with proper information.

- Cooldowns

- Allowed/Not allowed

- Possible problems that can occur

- Time frame. When can we expect it

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Inactive said:

Awesome! Would like to see this. But this should be polled with proper information.

- Cooldowns

- Allowed/Not allowed

- Possible problems that can occur

- Time frame. When can we expect it

Will edit post one sec

6 minutes ago, MGTDB said:

It would be good to have a sliding scale ability set based on respect

Ooh that sounds nice actually.

I hope scanners would stay in vanilla, they give much fun when infight trying to steal someones ride. And i like the idea of safe cracking, the only problem is that most of clans/groups won't add more then 1 member to maintain base to weaken their safes.

Ps. and dont give the ability auto success. 10 % + respect modifier maybe?

Edited by Silver

While the Thermal Scanner is a neat piece of technology, I don't like that if you're successful you learn the passcode and get the keys to the kingdom so to speak. I realize people can just use multiple passwords, but I still think it would be better if it just opened the lock you were working on and didn't give you the actual passcode as you have suggested. Some good ideas here.

• Like 5

Well, you can change locks easly so you can prevent someone to 'live' in your base. when you find your items gone or disappearing. Its hard enough to cought someone in 15 min. You can also upgrade your base fortification with multiplay doors and such. Be creative, the building and raiding system should supports creative thinking (fe. You can take only some items each few days so owner won't notice you stealing from him and more!) Support smart thinking, it gives more goals and much more exploring for players that way.

1 hour ago, Silver said:

Well, you can change locks easly so you can prevent someone to 'live' in your base. when you find your items gone or disappearing. Its hard enough to cought someone in 15 min. You can also upgrade your base fortification with multiplay doors and such. Be creative, the building and raiding system should supports creative thinking (fe. You can take only some items each few days so owner won't notice you stealing from him and more!) Support smart thinking, it gives more goals and much more exploring for players that way.

Well to be fair its about 16 satchels to destroy a fortified wall. On the server I play on satchels are 10k each so for the amount of poptabs I have to spend and the time spent cracking a safe to only be open for 30 min while defending it. Then it would make more sense for me to have full access to their shit essentially.

Advertisement