Swash

Remove safe zone

13 posts in this topic

One thing I absolutely can't stand is "safe zones" in an apocalyptic scenario. Life is supposed to suck and suck hard. No place should ever be "safe".

I like knowing trading is a risk, and a team effort to get through the ordeal. Even through I'm the one most likely to get ganked. lol

That said, how would one go about removing the "safe zone" part without removing trade post map markers and loot spawn/building restrictions for trader areas?

Go into ur mission.sqm and remove triggers

you will need to sacrifice the loot spawning and building restriction or add new triggers with a custom script for the loot and building. 

Edited by KillingRe
  • Like 1

Advertisement

That's exactly why I'm asking for another way lol

I want to keep loot spawn and building restriction, and the map markers, but kill the "safe zone" part.

This really should be optional in settings...

Just remove the triggers, you will simply remove the safezone and nothing else. Markers and other restrictions will still be in effect. Or you could change these 2 files :

ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf

ExileClient_object_player_event_onLeaveSafezone.sqf

• Like 1

Ok for everyone else wondering the same thing. I do not know why I keep hearing that removing triggers (sensors) disables loot/build restrictions and removes the marker. I've read this multiple places, which prompted this post in the first place. It's simply not true.

Just as GR8 said, removing the triggers does NOTHING else, other than kill safe zones and enter/leaving messages.

Simply derapify your mission.sqm (if you haven't already)

Look for the 3 entries under "class Sensors" and remove them.

Save your mission.sqm (rapify optional, I don't bother)

PBO your map and you are done. (note windows server doesn't seem to care if you don't have your map folder PBOed, linux however get's cranky if you don't. lol)

Markers stay, building restrictions stay, loot restrictions stay.

Later I will post replacements for the triggers so you can still have alert messages saying "Entering/Leaving Trader Area."

On 11/20/2015, 8:43:16, Cupcake_Actual said:

Yea, because an island affectively acting as a prison (for criminals) would have safe zones... smh

...and loot laying around... and vehicles in perfect working order... and gas stations that magically refill cars... and shots that automatically heal you of all injuries... 

It's a game. Not a real-life sim.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a updated method on how to remove safezones, I'm in the process of making a server for my friends, and I, but I don't think the safezones use sensors anymore? Or if they do they aren't in the mission.sqm..

Advertisement