Chess

Needing a player's PIN To sell a player owned vehicle?

18 posts in this topic

I'd like to start by thanking you guys for taking the time to find out  what we'd like to see in Exile, and Secondly to thank the Exile developers and the Community for everything that has put into Exile thus far, and finally add my own suggestion of a feature, that should probably be able to be toggled server-side, making so that in order to sell a player owned vehicle you have to know the PIN to able to sell it, not just merely sit in the driver's seat.

Edited by Chess
  • Like 1

Advertisement

Yeah not liking this either, can't expect people to hold your hand all the time, if you forgot to lock your vehicle and it got stolen, well bad luck for you, it's self-inflicted and a part of the game. B|

• Like 5

Now hear me out, that's why I stated it should be able to be toggled, as it doesn't really serve a purpose to PvP unless you want to add extra difficulty and even give people a chance to reclaim their vehicle, however in say PvE it can be used as an anti theft Mechanism without having to lock every Vehicle say in the Trader if you go into buy equiptment, so they can still get stolen but in order to sell them you have to figure out the code, like if you were trying to raid a base or otherwise.

Edited by Chess

But again it doesn't mean you can't still steal vehicle, it doesn't eliminate car theft at all, it just makes selling stolen vehicles harder, which isn't holding your hand by any means, it's just making it harder for thieves to get away with it, which actually makes the game MORE difficult by comparison, because you'd still have to find and kill the thief if you are even able to, and as for the thief, he'd use whatever tools and means necessary to get the PIN before he's found out, which then adds a greater time crunch on said thief's window of opportunity and if you're too slow oh well your car got sold or the thief was too slow and got him or herself shot over the vehicle. so no, I'm not asking for a mechanic that holds player's hands necessarily, I'm asking for a difficulty increase if anything.

Edited by Chess

Well if i can't steal it, i'm just gonna blow it up ;)

you can absolutely still steal it, just as easily I might add, it would just be slightly harder to sell

Edited by Chess

If something like this was implemented I would rather see that if you can the code for a vehicle you can sell it to the vehicle trader and get say 2/3 of the your money back. But if don't know the code for it you have to go to a more shady trader, the scrap/shopshop guy, and get 1/3 of the money. But I am with them on this, don't get to attach to you stuff, this is arma, you gone loose your shit in some way or another.

• Like 2

Advertisement