xmg559

Recruiting ai in exile (Consolidated)

46 posts in this topic

First of all, i know there are posts about controlling or having ai teammates in exile but it seemed all the info was spread out so it was kind of a scavenger hunt to find out how to get it working in my server. ( note: my server is local-host so i don't use filters. nor do i know how sorry!)

1. The recruiting mod used is Bons infantry recruitment redux: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170733-bons-infantry-recruitment-redux/ . just follow its instructions. there is nothing complicated, it is literally 3 steps of copy/past into certain places. (serverside)
  2. To use this mod you have to place objects in the arma 3 map if you don't know how here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYhtlHfv_kg
  3. For me, i placed tents at every gas station so its easy to find yet doesn't look out of place. But whatever you use place this in the objects initialization field. (same line from bons mod page)
    this addAction["<t color='#ff9900'>Recruit Infantry</t>", "bon_recruit_units\open_dialog.sqf"]; 

4. Then just save your mission and should be good to go. ( to controll ai you will have to remap your command keys to something other than the number keys.)

Thanks to @Redcloud78 for helping me in my personal post and everyone else who posted about this.

My arma mission map. The yellow dots are my tents, blue flags are zombie spawners.

2015-11-06_00002.thumb.jpg.7749de794c0f0

what the object init should look like

2015-11-06_00001.thumb.jpg.1defd19aa571a

The tent on the right. use it to spawn ai if you used it too. or whatever object you chose

2015-11-06_00003.thumb.jpg.c1ef8dd945c7f

when using.

2015-11-06_00004.thumb.jpg.ab2accf4cc446

TWINS.

2015-11-06_00005.thumb.jpg.6b506b1303d7a

if im wrong about anything let me know. im just trying to consolidate info so noobies like me dont have to scavenge for info. google didnt help me haha.

Edited by xmg559
  • Like 2

in the recruit.sqf

try changing Private to COLONEL and check the behaviour afterwards I remmeber reading back in arma 2 epoch forums that this would make their skills better but that was for the original recruit script you wanted ported over which is quite similar to bons

/********************* UNIT CREATION ********************/
_unit = group player createUnit [_unittype, [(getPos bon_recruit_barracks select 0) + 10 - random 10,(getPos bon_recruit_barracks select 1) + 10 - random 20,0], [], 0, "FORM"];
_unit setRank "PRIVATE";
[_unit] execVM (BON_RECRUIT_PATH+"init_newunit.sqf");
/*******************************************************/

about them not attacking the zombies I have a sneaking suspicion that the zombies are civilian side that's probably why no ai attacks them.

maybe try setcaptive to false in the zom/generatezone.sqf if so

Edited by Redcloud78

Advertisement

( to controll ai you will have to remap your command keys to something other than the number keys.)

I am sorry... this is KICKING MY ASS. I have everything working but I cant control them. What have you remapped your keys to?

I am sorry... this is KICKING MY ASS. I have everything working but I cant control them. What have you remapped your keys to?

i use windows key for select all units. or some of the num pads work too.

I took your advice and used the Windows key (through Custom Controls) and it worked. I was expecting a menu of some type, similar to Arma 2, but I figured it out with the icon.

Next question: Has anyone dealt with the recruited AI not engaging other AI?

that was the only picture i could find on the internet can't get in game myself video card problems but in that same pulldown menu in the image is there another selection called [commanding] that you can change the keys around in?

in the commands is an order for fire at will maybe we should probably be experimenting with other recruit scripts as well this one has a nice Description:
Recruit different types of AI into your squad. Select a limit of AIs per squad leader via the mission parameters. Dismiss selected or all AIs from your squad too. Works for WEST, EAST, INDEPENDENT and will automatically create your chosen AI type on the same side as you.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23844

because bon's is only the first one we have tried doesn't mean its the best one

in bon's i see nothing at all in the files that define the side or faction settings or to setFriend sides

and another here

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139938-fock-ai-recruit-cheap-and-cheer-full/

Edited by Redcloud78

I took your advice and used the Windows key (through Custom Controls) and it worked. I was expecting a menu of some type, similar to Arma 2, but I figured it out with the icon.

Next question: Has anyone dealt with the recruited AI not engaging other AI?

Maybe try putting them in independent side clothing as exile players group is set to this side

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_GUER

Edited by Redcloud78
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but when the server loads the object that I placed to recruit the AI doesn't show up. It will show in the editor and does work in preview but for some reason it doesn't load on the server. I added it to my existing mission.sqm so maybe I missed copying something over but I didn't get any errors when I rapifed the mission file. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement